PDA

View Full Version : SWC 160 Cone help with pump.

Leon71
08-14-2012, 02:55 PM
About a week ago, after a good cleaning of my skimmer, I pugged it back in and it pops the GFCI. So I plug it into an extension cord instead and it works fine. All is good, or so I thought. Last night, it stopped working. Not sure why, but I think the pump is shot. Who has changed out the pump on one of these and what did you use for the replacement. Oh, and I need to have it fixed by Thursday night, so I can go on holidays. Murphy Happens. Lol.

globaldesigns
08-14-2012, 03:21 PM
About a week ago, after a good cleaning of my skimmer, I pugged it back in and it pops the GFCI. So I plug it into an extension cord instead and it works fine. All is good, or so I thought. Last night, it stopped working. Not sure why, but I think the pump is shot. Who has changed out the pump on one of these and what did you use for the replacement. Oh, and I need to have it fixed by Thursday night, so I can go on holidays. Murphy Happens. Lol.

When I had the same model, it did the same thing. Pump was shot, but it was under warranty. I would give the store you bought it from, or SWC directly a call if under warranty.

Not sure what pump would fit, if you wanted to retrofit, but maybe someone else has an idea.