PDA

View Full Version : Radion - Green Light

Seriak
04-26-2012, 01:07 PM
So I was sleeping soundly until my dog starts whining to go outside. So I get up and head downstairs and I notice at 12:45am that one of my Radions is on and it's all green. I say to myself that is weird as they were all off at 10:00PM like they were supposed to be. I am on the standard natural light setting. When I manually shifted the lights to artificial and back to natural the light went out, but why was it on in the first place. Anyone else experience this?

toxic111
04-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Yep, even in artifical mode I get the greens sometimes in the middle of the night. I think it is as close to some moon light we are going to get right now.

Seriak
04-26-2012, 01:50 PM
I would rather them stay off completely then come on green. :)

H22_TURBO
04-26-2012, 02:07 PM
I have the same issue with one of mine :cry:

I was reading about another guy who had the same problem and his crapped out not to long after that. seems its kinda random on my unit too, one night it will be green and some nights all off. just hope mine will last longer than his.

Seriak
04-26-2012, 02:09 PM
I have the same issue with one of mine :cry:

I was reading about another guy who had the same problem and his crapped out not to long after that. seems its kinda random on my unit too, one night it will be green and some nights all off. just hope mine will last longer than his.

Well don't tell me that. Now I have to worry about more than just a green light issue on my tank. :)

toxic111
04-26-2012, 04:03 PM
I actually don't mind the green light that much, more like moonlight that some of the blue lights I have seen.

But if it is a concern I would ask ecotech themselves to find out.

Seriak
04-26-2012, 04:07 PM
I actually don't mind the green light that much, more like moonlight that some of the blue lights I have seen.

But if it is a concern I would ask ecotech themselves to find out.

I have done just that. Wating on a response. I am not so worried about the color of the light as much as it is coming on when it is programmed to stay off at night. I want my light to be predictable and not random.

Zoaelite
04-26-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm happy to see I'm not the only one, unfortunately my problem is a little more severe than both of yours. Instead of green I have the unit reset with the full spectrum @ about 80% intensity.

Sent it off, 10 days of darkness and I get it back with the EXACT same problem. Now the coral that has seen a dramatic lack of light is being exposed to light 24/7 and I leave for Jamaica in 2 days.

I have a feeling today is going to be one of those scream at everyone kind of days :razz:, wish me luck!!

dave_C
04-26-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm happy to see I'm not the only one, unfortunately my problem is a little more severe than both of yours. Instead of green I have the unit reset with the full spectrum @ about 80% intensity.

Sent it off, 10 days of darkness and I get it back with the EXACT same problem. Now the coral that has seen a dramatic lack of light is being exposed to light 24/7 and I leave for Jamaica in 2 days.

I have a feeling today is going to be one of those scream at everyone kind of days :razz:, wish me luck!!

is this the one from oceans creations?

if it is bring it back to me and i will exchange it for you, when i had it here it worked fine but only had it on for an hour

it might have to be one of my demo's units until you get back from your trip, but i will replace it with a new one once i have stock next week

thanks dave

Seriak
04-26-2012, 05:12 PM

if it is bring it back to me and i will exchange it for you, when i had it here it worked fine but only had it on for an hour

it might have to be one of my demo's units until you get back from your trip, but i will replace it with a new one once i have stock next week

thanks dave

And that is why I buy from Dave. :)

dave_C
04-26-2012, 05:17 PM
And that is why I buy from Dave. :)

yes i will exchange yours too if needed:wink:

Seriak
04-26-2012, 05:18 PM
yes i will exchange yours too if needed:wink:

Lol no I am sure mine is a software issue and not hardware. At least that is what I pray to god it is before I go to bed every night. :)

Zoaelite
04-26-2012, 05:21 PM

thanks dave

I'm not sure why I haven't dealt with you in the past Dave but this has to be the best examples of service I have ever seen. Thank you for taking such an enormous weight off my shoulders, I will shoot you a PM shortly to get this figured out.

Coralgurl
04-26-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm not sure why I haven't dealt with you in the past Dave but this has to be the best examples of service I have ever seen. Thank you for taking such an enormous weight off my shoulders, I will shoot you a PM shortly to get this figured out.

+150 - Dave's service is top notch, this is above and beyond what anyone could expect!!

jorjef
04-26-2012, 05:44 PM
This is like an unveiling of a new super hero.... And I'm being very serious... Go DAVE and Concept Aquatics!!

dave_C
04-26-2012, 06:53 PM
This is like an unveiling of a new super hero.... And I'm being very serious... Go DAVE and Concept Aquatics!!

lol not really, this is what i always wanted as a hobbyist, I use to hate spending big bucks on premium equipment and than having to wait for it to get fix if any thing was to go wrong with it. i feel if you as a customer stepped up to buying premium equipment than you should get benefits in doing so, that's why we keep some loaners at the store to lend out:wink:

thanks Dave

jorjef
04-26-2012, 07:03 PM
lol not really, this is what i always wanted as a hobbyist, I use to hate spending big bucks on premium equipment and than having to wait for it to get fix if any thing was to go wrong with it. i feel if you as a customer stepped up to buying premium equipment than you should get benefits in doing so, that's why we keep some loaners at the store to lend out:wink:

thanks Dave

Concept Aquatics, Regina branch... has a nice ring to it!! We REALLY, REALLY REALLY need a store here... :biggrin:

Oh and I need a new tank....Just have no idea how I would get it to Regina.... .

Seriak
04-26-2012, 08:46 PM
I received a response from ecotech and they are aware of the problem and they gave me a couple profiles to try until they get a more permanent fix.

This fixes the green light issue and the turning on randomly.

Aquaria
04-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Concept Aquatics, Regina branch... has a nice ring to it!! We REALLY, REALLY REALLY need a store here... :biggrin:

Oh and I need a new tank....Just have no idea how I would get it to Regina.... .

Lol I think concept aquatics, lower mainland branch has a much nicer ring to it :twised: