PDA

View Full Version : help with fire worm trap

nozwal
02-15-2012, 11:30 PM
just wanna hear how some of you fellow reefers has trap fire worms

i found 1 in my tank and im pretty sure there could be more. just wanna know what have people done or made to trap these fire worms.

i heard of the panty hos trap, do you just cut a square piece and what are the best bait to use.

i know there are bristel and fire worm traps at LFS for purchase but i wanna leave that to last resort if nothing else works

monocus
02-16-2012, 01:03 AM
2 pieces of clay formed into a hollow sphere that can come apart.make sure there's an opening for the worm to get in.bake it in the oven for a while.add some fresh seafood in the center and wrap it with an elastic band.drop it in your tank at night and remove it in the morning.re bait and replace till you catch it.make it about the size of a loony .better yet leave it alone and let it be part of your clean up crew

btymens
02-16-2012, 01:17 AM
just wanna hear how some of you fellow reefers has trap fire worms

i found 1 in my tank and im pretty sure there could be more. just wanna know what have people done or made to trap these fire worms.

i heard of the panty hos trap, do you just cut a square piece and what are the best bait to use.

i know there are bristel and fire worm traps at LFS for purchase but i wanna leave that to last resort if nothing else works

I had a couple of bristel worms and i spent the $15 for the trap. It comes with the bait also and was easy to use. I thought I had one worm but eneded up catching 4. Just bait it and you trap them over night..good luck

nozwal
02-16-2012, 01:45 AM
Would the bristle worm trap work on fireworm? Cuz there is bristle worm traps and there is also fire worm traps at stores

whatcaneyedo
02-16-2012, 03:08 AM
Would the bristle worm trap work on fireworm? Cuz there is bristle worm traps and there is also fire worm traps at stores

Really? In 8 years I've never heard of a separate trap for fire worms but maybe its something new. The only one I'm aware of is the Coralife Trap'em. Could you post a link to show what you're talking about?

monocus
02-16-2012, 03:09 AM
a fire worm is a bristle worm

btymens
02-16-2012, 03:17 AM
I had a couple of bristel worms and i spent the $15 for the trap. It comes with the bait also and was easy to use. I thought I had one worm but eneded up catching 4. Just bait it and you trap them over night..good luck

a worm is a worm, make life easy for you and buy the trap. Its a long plastic tube (usually green in colour) and works like a charm. If there's a different trap, maybe something new I haven't seen, but try what works. The bristel worm trap i bought work perfectly for me. And when you run out of bait, i just used frozen shrimp and i still caught them.