PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Kamloops Coral Hunters

bloat
02-01-2012, 05:03 PM
AJ Pets in Vernon has ample selection of coral at not bad prices (compared to local) as of last weekend. Worth the trip if your looking for stock. Not much in the way of fish tho.

Reef Puffer
02-01-2012, 07:44 PM
yes lots of corals now and again. also lots of aptasia. nothing is 2 for 1 and absolutaly no warrenty on any of it. like u said with the fish selection tho. also make sure u pick your livestock personally, i once bought a bag of dead snails from them. personally i think total pet in kamloops has much better deals (also willing to bargain) and just a way more pleasant visit all around. just my personal opinion tho.

bvlester
02-01-2012, 10:09 PM
I went to AJ's once didn't like their over zelus sales aproche. They had lots of aptasia and that was a couple years ago. even Kamloops petland tries to get ride of thier's once in a while, rotating rocks in one of the tank they have pepermint shrimp in. they just don't rotate enough.

bloat
02-01-2012, 11:18 PM
I too prefer Total Pet in town, but their prices on livestock is crazy lately with some excuse about shipping costs.
As for Aj's, I have shopped there for many many years, and they usually have the best selection of coral in the interior. Not neccesarily the best price tho.
Any reef hobbiest who purchases any large amount of snails or crabs should simply only buy them from the coast, because they are just so cheap there.
I always prefer to deal at my LFS (total pet only, not petland), but sometimes you can safe hundreds when you shop around.
I am not slagging Total Pet, infact I commend them on keeping a decent amount of stock.