PDA

View Full Version : Nassarius vs Turbo

DACJ
01-01-2012, 12:36 AM
When I said versus, I mean in a duel...not in comparison...

I just bought 3 of each from LFS today, and the store put them all in the same bag... when I got home 20 mins later...All three shells of Nas were empty...or as far as I can see nothing inside...do they retract so far in that you can't see? The turbos are fine which leads me to think that they ate the Nas....

Any ideas fellows? I've heard about Nas attacking turbo, but not the other way around....

Anyway...I left them all on the sand facing down so won't be attack (if they are still inside)....Going out for dinner hoping that they will start moving by time I get home...

hillegom
01-01-2012, 12:44 AM
They do suck themselves in quite a bit. By tomorrow, I'm sure they will be "running" around.

BlueWorldAquatic
01-01-2012, 01:30 AM
Probaly hiding, or someone just gave you shells. I can't see turbos eating them unless they sprouted teeth

Casey8
01-01-2012, 01:32 AM
Probaly hiding, or someone just gave you shells. I can't see turbos eating them unless they sprouted teeth

+1 :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Seamazter
01-01-2012, 01:47 AM
:p:p:p:p:pProbaly hiding, or someone just gave you shells. I can't see turbos eating them unless they sprouted teeth

DACJ
01-01-2012, 04:29 AM
just got back from dinner...been 4 hours now, still not moved...I truely hope they are just hiding...

When the person picked it up from their tank, it was still hanging out of the shell with movements, so I am pretty sure I wasn't that unfortunate.....:mrgreen:

I'll give it time overnight, see if anything happens tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the feed back!

BlueWorldAquatic
01-01-2012, 04:51 AM
Maybe a shell game with the LFS.. j/k

Reefie
01-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Try placing the opening of the shells facing the glass near some algae? If they're in there they will "wake" up to the smell of food. :biggrin:

paddyob
01-02-2012, 07:59 PM
HIGHLY doubt the turbo ate them.

How long in transport? Snails do not like cooling off. At all.

Could be they died deep in the shell. That's my bet. I lost a couple in a 30 minute drive once. I Always take a small cooler now with insulating towels.

Works well.

Good luck!

Proteus
01-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Hermits are most likely candidate

hillegom
01-05-2012, 01:32 AM
How are the snails. If they have not come out yet, I would take them out and smell them.
If you gag, chuck them.