PDA

View Full Version : Aiptasia - good or bad name for a Girl

Corbin
11-08-2011, 11:57 PM
:lol:

Seriously now..

All bad thoughts aside - Would you name your daughter that, or offer it as a name to someone?

doch
11-09-2011, 12:51 AM
I think you're asking the wrong crowd! We all have a bad association. Would likely be a nice name if it didn't make me cringe!! lol

Harpo
11-09-2011, 01:51 AM
I would be like calling her Marconium.... Maybe not as bad...but close!

Corbin
11-09-2011, 02:06 AM
lol well atleast Aiptasia sounds better... it sounds like a real name, just like Chlamydia could make a good name, if it wasnt a STD hahahha.

Edit: this is some of the things i usually think about when really bored.

monocus
11-09-2011, 03:02 AM
depends if you want a girl that's a pest,causes a lot of work,and destroys your valued and prized possessions

paddyob
11-09-2011, 03:46 AM
Seriously?

If someone introduced a child named Aiptasia I would laugh my butt out the door.

BlueWorldAquatic
11-09-2011, 03:57 AM
I thought of the name "Allegra" from the movie Hitch.

The say the advertisements for allergy medication. I couldn't bear the teasing she whould get a school.

That's why I cant understand the names these celebrities give their kids.

Ken

Corbin
11-09-2011, 04:12 AM
Seriously?

If someone introduced a child named Aiptasia I would laugh my butt out the door.

no not seriously haha, but if it wasnt a pain in our asses, it might of made a good name.

megs_clark
11-09-2011, 04:16 AM
I actualy really like the sound of it, but for short she would be called Aip which doesnt sound all that nice. But hey unique names are great, so much better then the everyday names, so long as its not some weird stripper name like Coco or Apple!

Corbin
11-09-2011, 04:23 AM
Maybe ill convince my future wife of using the name, hopefully she wont be a reefer XD

I wondering if everyone knows how to pronouce it properly, cuz i know A LOT of people have no idea how to say it (espcially on youtube lol)

MarkoD
11-09-2011, 04:35 AM
With a name like that you set her up to be a stripper

gobytron
11-09-2011, 02:16 PM
names dont make strippers, parents do.

I think Aiptasia is a nice name, I also used to think Aiptasia were quite pretty and was very happy to have them...

Coralline is prettier though IME.

MarkoD
11-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Have you ever met a person named Bertha or Ronda that was good looking?

BlueWorldAquatic
11-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Have you ever met a person named Bertha or Ronda that was good looking?

I always thought that too... also cutesie names for Nerds... I will not list names as not to offend anyone :)

gobytron
11-09-2011, 07:52 PM
so do you guys think your own names define you then?

MarkoD
11-09-2011, 07:57 PM
No idea but I do know that certain names are associated with ugly, good looking, stupid, smart , etc people.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-09-2011, 07:58 PM
so do you guys think your own names define you then?

Anthony = "Deserving of PRAISE" :wink:

Look it up, I'm not making this up:biggrin:

Zoaelite
11-09-2011, 08:05 PM
No idea but I do know that certain names are associated with ugly, good looking, stupid, smart , etc people.

I would argue that's entirley based on perception, you could know 3 Brittany's that are supermodel gorgeous while the three Brittany's I know all look like swamp donkeys...

Also no on the asptasia name, bah bad connotations. Stick to a non noun name please, believe me having every single person that meets me start their reply with "uh like the jeans" gets tiring real quick.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Future conversation at Corbin's family reunion:

"This my daughter Aiptasia, my son Majano and our little baby Bryopsis.

That's their cousin Euphyllia, nicknamed the Spawn of Frog, and their Aunty Hydroids.:wink:

Come join us. We're heading for the beach."

MarkoD
11-09-2011, 08:46 PM
I would argue that's entirley based on perception, you could know 3 Brittany's that are supermodel gorgeous while the three Brittany's I know all look like swamp donkeys...

Also no on the asptasia name, bah bad connotations. Stick to a non noun name please, believe me having every single person that meets me start their reply with "uh like the jeans" gets tiring real quick.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

Oh it's totally perception. But in still wondering if anyone knows a good looking Ronda or Bertha

Corbin
11-09-2011, 11:16 PM

That's their cousin Euphyllia, nicknamed the Spawn of Frog, and their Aunty Hydroids.:wink:

hahaha nice Anthony - i can see it now :lol:

Seamazter
11-09-2011, 11:29 PM
A self propagating Daughter OH MY.

BlueWorldAquatic
11-09-2011, 11:37 PM
nonononono

I think this thread is getting a little out of hand now.... :twised:

Corbin
11-09-2011, 11:44 PM
A self propagating Daughter OH MY.

lawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwl

bvlester
11-10-2011, 02:14 AM
to be self propagating the girl would have to have both sexual parts. you know like a hermaphrodite. Not good the name sounds nice. but, I would not want my daughter being called aipe or some thing like that the boys would get the wrong idea.

Red Coral Aquariums
11-10-2011, 04:41 AM
I am not so sure about aptasia but Tasia is a nice sounding girls name.
Kevin

STANKYfish
11-11-2011, 04:49 PM

BAHHAHAHAHAHABABABAHAHHAAHAHAHAHABABABABAHHHHHHAAA AA

naesco
11-14-2011, 02:18 AM
I am a little indiffernt to Aiptasia but if the baby is a boy name him Tang!

Seamazter
11-14-2011, 02:24 AM
Oh "sweetlips" would be a good name for a girl.

Corbin
11-14-2011, 02:28 AM
I am a little indiffernt to Aiptasia but if the baby is a boy name him Tang!

but people will just think hes the juice not the fish