PDA

View Full Version : 65Gallon Aqueon Megaflow owners survey

gregzz4
10-16-2011, 02:08 AM
The Aqueon 65Gallon Megaflow…To have or have not.
Do you own one of these? Here’s your chance to let us all know what you think about it.
You guessed it…I am on the fence about this tank.
I need to hear your experiences, and I hope you would be so kind as to help me address my long list of concerns.
Please participate as so many of us will benefit.

So here’s my list:

1 - How long have you run this tank?
2 - Do you regret purchasing this size tank? Tell me what you love and hate about it (some of which may be covered by my other questions).
3 - What overflow stand are you using? Some details about what you have installed and how well it works for you. Please including plumbing sizes.
4 - What return are you using? Again, some details about what you have installed and how well it works for you. Please including plumbing sizes.
5 - Is your Megaflow noisy either in the overflow box or the sump? If so, what have you done to alleviate this issue?
6 - What return GPH do you estimate you are running?
7 - Has your tank ever flooded due to this overflow? If so, what have you done to alleviate this issue?
8 - Do you have surface dead spots? I’d like to know how your returns are configured and whether or not you are pleased with them.
9 - Do you have an opinion concerning all the different overflow hole locations in the box? IE: does it cause you issues, or maybe, do you see benefits?
10 - Is the location of the Megaflow box a pain for landscaping? I see so many pictures of tank owners who have done nothing to disguise their box…
11 - And lastly, what lighting are you running? Basically your critters, bulbs and watts…don’t get carried away, but let us know what your tank holds. Is it a Fish only, Fowler, or Reef? And how many of what types of bulbs you use?

Thank you very much for participating; your input is hugely appreciated.
I also hope this will help many others, as I cannot find enough of these answers on the web.
Gregzz4

intarsiabox
10-16-2011, 03:29 AM
Unless you are getting an amazing deal on this tank, consider getting a tank made for you. You can get an external overflow so the inside of the tank will be completely open, can put returns were you want, pick the dimensions you want, etc.

gregzz4
10-21-2011, 12:00 AM
I've looked into drilling a 65 or 75 for a BeanAnimal overflow
I'd still like some input on the Megaflow