PDA

View Full Version : anemone and fish death?

cathyg_99
02-04-2011, 02:57 PM
how many fish have died at the hannds of your anemone?

i love the look of one but i do not want to have to replace my fish everytime they get to close...

what kind of anemone do you have

likwid
02-04-2011, 03:09 PM
It's never happened to me. Fish aren't stupid, they will not purposely go into one unless it is a clown fish. And it's not like the anemone moves around trying to hunt a fish down either. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

cathyg_99
02-04-2011, 03:18 PM
It's never happened to me. Fish aren't stupid, they will not purposely go into one unless it is a clown fish. And it's not like the anemone moves around trying to hunt a fish down either. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

im just worried im going to get a beautiful tang and the anemone will get it... ive seen a few videos where a tang or other smaller fish has gotten eaten by the anemone

likwid
02-04-2011, 03:19 PM
im just worried im going to get a beautiful tang and the anemone will get it... ive seen a few videos where a tang or other smaller fish has gotten eaten by the anemone

If they get spooked by something there is always a possibility that they swim into it by accident, but I really think the odds of that happening are slim.

Chowder
02-04-2011, 03:24 PM
I think the odds of it killing corals is way higher then fish.

jorjef
02-04-2011, 03:46 PM
+1.... I learnt that the hard way.... It was re-homed after it refused to stay where I told it to stay...Why won't they ever listen. :lol:

dsaundry
02-04-2011, 03:50 PM
I think you will find that only a real sick or {dumb} fish would ever get nailed by a nem. Had lots and never lost a healthy fish, lost one but it was very sick and that was a few years ago.

ponokareefer
02-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Haddoni carpet anemones are known to eat fish, but most of the other anemones do not. It does happen, but not very often. I have kept BTA's, RBTA's, Sebae's, and long tentacle anemones and never lost a fish due to an anemone.

Bob
02-04-2011, 04:14 PM
If you are worried...get a bubble tip..not long tenticle....