PDA

View Full Version : Miracle mud

windcoast reefs
02-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Hey everyone,

Just want to see what people think of miracle mud. I am putting in a refugium and was considering putting it in. It would be great to see what people think of this product.

lastlight
02-02-2011, 09:51 PM
If you read the large tank forum on RC you'll be familiar with Ching Chai's 1000g. He uses a ton of the stuff although it seems to not be a popular item these days.

globaldesigns
02-02-2011, 10:43 PM
It is very expensive for what it is, also you do need to look at replacing it over time as well.

With so many other options in today's marine aquarium, I agree that it isn't used by the masses. Many people don't like the stuff.

I looked at it when starting my system... The price for what it was, scared me off.

cathyg_99
02-04-2011, 03:22 PM
i was told at big als, that theres no point in putting it in unless you are running some (grass... shoot i forgot the name) they said its basically useless so dont waist your money

wickedfrags
02-04-2011, 05:57 PM
should have added "waste of money" or "I don't even know what the stuff is" to the poll options.....

windcoast reefs
02-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I though of that right after I posted it. I think I will pass on the miracle mud for now. It seems that the bio pellets work along the same lines so it will problably end up not being benificial.