PDA

View Full Version : anyone using Laguna/askol pumps ?

KevinK
11-07-2010, 04:39 PM
I was gust wondering is there are reefers that use the Laguna/askol pumps on there system.

as thy are extreamly energy eff. and asfar as I can read very relyable I'm thinking of puttinh them to use on my system.

compairing to a dart, the 4200 runs 4200 G/H at 160W where the dart runs only 3500 G/H at 160W

when put ona skimmer, thy can draw over 120 scfh whit almost no mod.

so lets se if there are more reefers that use them, and if, on what:

-skimmer
-close L.
- return from sump

vaporize
11-09-2010, 01:47 AM
supposely that's what red dragon is :)

KevinK
11-09-2010, 01:50 AM
supposely that's what red dragon is :)
yes, I gust ordered the 2900 and a 2400, was hoping some reefers where using them, so I could se where thy use them.

now it is to late, thy are coming, so thy better be good

AHHope
11-09-2010, 05:12 PM
we use mostly laguna pumps at my work. All our marine tanks use them for the sump returns, the saltwater waterchage uses them and even our big fw display uses 2 4200s as return pumps. One of the nicest things about them is there quick connect system not to mention the 4200 can pass an 8mm particle no problem.

vaporize
11-09-2010, 05:50 PM
I kinda remember a LFS owner told me that red dragon is just Laugna pumps with their own modified impeller, so it has to be pretty good :)

Now just need to find them at a decent price

lastlight
11-09-2010, 08:42 PM
This was all discussed to death be hahnmeister (now banned) over on RC a few years back. There is more to it than that apparently the windings...some of the guts inside the block are different as well.

Either way I never hear about these being used as returns. Wonder how they are stock compared to a red dragon. Noise etc? I still would prefer to always use a submersible over an external any day. I hate the thought/worry about seals going etc.