PDA

View Full Version : CUC per 5 gal?

Chase31
02-06-2010, 04:42 AM
just read that alot of people have a set number per 5 gal in there tank what do you have?
(be advised the question is supposed to say per 5G first poll sorry:()

Bloodasp
02-06-2010, 05:43 AM
dunno how many I have. my stomatella are breeding like crazy, and they came as hitchhikers in the rocks too which is great.

whatcaneyedo
02-06-2010, 07:50 AM
I have mostly mini hitchhiker snails and mini brittle stars. If those done count I guess I'm 1 per 20gal because I have a 120gal with 2 abalone, 3 other snails and a tiger tail cucumber. Thats it. My other two tanks have even less.

RuGlu6
02-06-2010, 08:53 AM
I would say cuces are beneficial just make sure it is a tiger tail.

Not the black ones if black one dies it will wipe out all the fish in the tank except for the coris that hides in the sand and maybe mandarin that has protective coat that he can shed. happened to me ones a long time ago

Eyford01
02-06-2010, 12:24 PM
That could be a difficult question, as for CUC bought from the LFS I have about 20-25 money cowrie, 10 hermits, a few nassarius, a conch, and 2 abalone, but do the abalone count as more than one since they're like 10 times the size of a cowrie? And what about hitchhikers, I have lots of asterina and stomatella and a few of my rocks look fuzzy from the (most likely) hundred micro brittle stars

mark
02-07-2010, 12:12 AM
few hermits and maybe 5 snails in spread out through ~200g. If I had sand probably a couple more snails.

vic622
02-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Hmmm,
In my 45gal display 5xTurbo's at ~2" seems to be almost overkill (didn't realize they were that big until I opened up the box & looked at the bag), but then again I never need to worry about doing any live rock repositioning - they seem to do it for me :surprise:

Now for the little critters:
- about 5-10 blue leg hermits - depends on whether they've been gobbled up by the Coral Banded, or not.
- I have now idea how many cowries & nassarius are in there, they seem to appear & disappear in the sand bed..
- There's still a few, maybe 5 Astreas, too
- Oh yeah, almost forgot the Sandsifting star

In the Fuge: Hermits, astera, cowries, nassarius

Ooops, almost forgot the Amazing, Incredible Aiptasia eating Peppermint Shrimp - one each in the display & fuge.