PDA

View Full Version : What are people dosing these days?

kien
09-22-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm just curious what people are dumping into their tanks these days. Again, this is just idle curiosity and I'm mostly interested in a show of hands. If you'd like to discuss that's cool too. I've done the reading and I know that there are lots of threads on the various methods already, but ya.. feel free to break it down and discuss all the gory details :-)

Snaz
09-22-2009, 10:57 PM
LOVE!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RsCdaHlwY9g/R1F9UeUlzjI/AAAAAAAACPg/B-OJFv3vBYI/s1600-R/fish-love.jpg

christyf5
09-22-2009, 10:58 PM
I dose calcium magnesium and alk buffer (in the form of baking soda) via an automatic dosing pump. I also occasionally use Zeovit Coral Snow, Zeovit Coral Vitalizer and I just started trying out some of the brightwell aquatics stuff KoralKolor and Microbacter. For the most part I'm pretty fickle when it comes to those types of additives, mostly because I'm lazy and forget to dose them :razz:

christyf5
09-22-2009, 10:59 PM
LOVE!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RsCdaHlwY9g/R1F9UeUlzjI/AAAAAAAACPg/B-OJFv3vBYI/s1600-R/fish-love.jpg

:rofl: Dude that is creepy :razz:

marie
09-22-2009, 11:31 PM
I voted just salt but I do have a calcium reactor and I dump in some Mg once in awhile

whatcaneyedo
09-22-2009, 11:50 PM
I drip a bit of Lugols Solution every couple of days simply because I have it so I might as well use it. I try to maintain my calcium and alkalinity with a Ca Reactor and a Kalk Reactor but when things slip a bit I'll use Baking Soda, Calcium Chloride and Magnesium Chloride Hexahydrate/ Magnesium Sulfate to adjust it back.

shrimpchips
09-23-2009, 12:57 AM
I use the balling light system from Fauna Marine with aProfilux doser so I dose calcium chloride, sodium bicarbonate and magnesium chloride/sulfate hexa/heptahydrate with the trace B solutions (Barium/strontium, iodine/flourine, other traces) and am very happy with the growth I get from my corals.

I also dose vodka to help lower nutrients constantly stirred up by my two jawfish.

I've recently considered using a potassium supplement, and maybe starting on coral snow since I have so many suspended particles in the watre colum all the time.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
09-23-2009, 01:19 AM
Mostly Kalk, with some Calcium, Magnesium, Iodine, and Sodium Bicarbonate.

Anthony

BlueAbyss
09-23-2009, 02:17 AM
I use Tailored Aquatics' Calcium Plus and Reef Magnesium. Other than that, water changes replaces everything else (I do them weekly), but I need to use these since my salt is deficient in both :neutral:

BlueAbyss
09-23-2009, 04:09 AM
Duplicate :mrgreen:

Myka
09-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Turbo Calcium
SeaChem Reef Buffer
Mg chloride/sulfate mix (from littlesilvermax)

Zeo:
K-Balance Strong (potassium)
Coral Vitalizer
Sponge Power
B-Balance
Coral Snow
Spur2

Lugol's Solution