PDA

View Full Version : Fs: 90g bowfront reef tank (edmonton)

Kostas
05-18-2009, 06:06 AM
Alright sadly the time has come for me to sell my Oceanic 90g Bow Front reef tank

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l218/eurodude/IMG_0870.jpg

(As for now I’m looking and hoping to sell this as a complete set-up)

Price: $2600 o.b.o.

Equipment:

- 90g Oceanic Bow Front tank (drilled with overflow - comes with glass top also)
- Oceanic black matching stand with one tinted center glass door
- Oceanic sump kit #1 – with Rio 20hf pump (have a bag of bio balls, but I took those out and put live rock in the camber)
- Coralife 48” Lunar Aqua Light fixture – 4 X65W plus four lunar led moonlights (lights on raised on legs) – lights replaced less then a year ago, have receipt.
- 4-5” lay of live sand
- Kent Marine Protein Skimmer – with Rio 17hf pump.
- Two new koralia 3 pumps in the tank
- 4 buckets of salt (instant ocean and oceanic salt) (tons of empty buckets also)
- New bottles of stability, prime, purple up, aragmilk, reef builder, reef advantage calcium, coral vital to name a few – tons of reef test kits.
- Also I have a 25g tank with about 30-40lbs of lava rock I use to pre mix my salt water that comes with a heater and a Rio pump and a filter. (with canopy and lights)
- Frozen food to last over a year, plus NLS
- Plus a few extras items

Livestock:

- Breeding pair of tomato clown fish hosting in a large long tentacle anemone (was about 15” but it just split into two a few weeks ago)
- Over 200lbs of live rock most of it is covered beautifully with coralline algae.
- Candy cane coral -about 5 heads
- Elephant ear
- GPS coral on very small live rock, size of golf ball
- Live rock with red mushrooms and a bunch or yellow polyp corals
- Three bubble tip anemone
- Green frogspawn -four large heads
- Two torch corals, each about 4-6 heads
- Galaxy coral (size of a baseball)
- Blue mushrooms, pink mushroom
- Kenya tree
- Crabs and a few blue striped urchins

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks for looking,
Kostas

fishoholic
05-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Just wondering, I notice that it's a 90g tank you're selling that has over 200 pounds of live rock in it. Correct me if I'm wrong (I do suck at math) but I didn't think 200 pounds of live rock could fit into a 90g tank. Just curious if that's possible or not, I have seen 90g's with a little over a 100 pounds of LR in them and they looked fairly full so that is why I'm thinking 200 pounds would probably not fit.

noirsphynx
05-18-2009, 04:48 PM
Sorry to hear you're getting out Kostas.

subman
05-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Just wondering, I notice that it's a 90g tank you're selling that has over 200 pounds of live rock in it. Correct me if I'm wrong (I do suck at math) but I didn't think 200 pounds of live rock could fit into a 90g tank. Just curious if that's possible or not, I have seen 90g's with a little over a 100 pounds of LR in them and they looked fairly full so that is why I'm thinking 200 pounds would probably not fit.

I have over 200# of LR in my 90 gal it does fit it's just really full of rock! I really need to take some out.:mrgreen:

Kostas
05-19-2009, 04:36 AM

Yes more then 200lbs of live rock could fit in a 90g
(for any interested buyers I would be more then happy to weight it for them at my place)

I know the rule of thumb is one pound per gallon, but I like the look of lots of live rock in my tank and I always view it as extra "filter media” as it helps improve the water quality.

Kostas
05-19-2009, 04:40 AM
Sorry to hear you're getting out Kostas.

Oh I know it was a very difficult decision
– but I’ll be travelling over seas next year and I’ll be gone for 6months, perhaps a year.

Skimmin
05-19-2009, 04:43 AM
I used to have over 300lbs in my 120gal and it wasnt that crowded. Looks like alot of liverock in that pic to me!

Kostas
05-24-2009, 11:08 PM
bump

fishoholic
05-25-2009, 02:08 AM
I have over 200# of LR in my 90 gal it does fit it's just really full of rock! I really need to take some out.:mrgreen:

Yes more then 200lbs of live rock could fit in a 90g
(for any interested buyers I would be more then happy to weight it for them at my place)

I know the rule of thumb is one pound per gallon, but I like the look of lots of live rock in my tank and I always view it as extra "filter media” as it helps improve the water quality.

Sorry, I just didn't realize that 200 pounds would fit :redface:

StirCrazy
05-25-2009, 02:15 AM
Just wondering, I notice that it's a 90g tank you're selling that has over 200 pounds of live rock in it. Correct me if I'm wrong (I do suck at math) but I didn't think 200 pounds of live rock could fit into a 90g tank.

there are lots of different densities of rock available, I had over 260lbs of rock in my 90 originaly, about 4 years later I got rid of some and went to about 180lbs. I had mostly fairly dense jakarta rock If I was using branch fuji I probably would be luckey to get 180 lbs in the tank.

Steve

Canadoc
05-26-2009, 05:03 PM
PM'ed!

Kostas
06-05-2009, 06:12 AM
$2200

Bob
06-05-2009, 01:40 PM
If you wind up parting it out....I would be interested in the tank and stand...I have a 72 bowfront with the same stand and lights....If it happens..let me know
Thanks

Nexus13
06-06-2009, 06:46 AM
and if that happens, i'll buy Bob's 72 gallon bowfront and stand.

all hinges on you Kostas ;)

fishoholic
06-06-2009, 12:58 PM
there are lots of different densities of rock available, I had over 260lbs of rock in my 90 originaly, about 4 years later I got rid of some and went to about 180lbs. I had mostly fairly dense jakarta rock If I was using branch fuji I probably would be luckey to get 180 lbs in the tank.

Steve

I forget about the different densities of rock, so that makes more sense. We have about 180-200 pounds of LR in each of our 230g tanks, and I was looking at our 90g sump trying to visualize how it would fit.

Kostas
06-20-2009, 07:52 PM
If a potential buyer is worried about the move,
I may be able to provide transportation and can store all corals and fish in another tank while we do the move and safely move the livestock later to avoid any fatalities.

-If anyone is really interested in the tank, sump, lights and protein skimmer, I will part out -
–I live in Riverbend, if you want to come by and look at it you are more then welcome.

Blue-Wolf
06-21-2009, 06:18 AM
Would you be looking for anything in trade? I would be interested in tank/light/stand/sump depending on price or what you may be looking for in terms of a trade.