PDA

View Full Version : new tank setup

kafug
04-27-2009, 02:48 AM
hi i'm looking in to a 94 gallon bow front corner tank just wondering if anyone has any expericne with them how are they.would it be good for a saltwater setup :neutral:

fishytime
04-27-2009, 02:51 AM
Welcome to canreef!The only real challenge with corner tanks lighting. Other than that its just another tank shape:wink: Oh, and Ive read that creating a wave (if thats the direction you were thinking) is almost impossible.

kafug
04-27-2009, 09:36 PM
I was just wondering if anyone had some tips for switching tanks. Ihave a little 15 gallon setup right now but im starting a 94 gallon. Will i have 2 let the new tank setup for a long time or can i just start using the water out of my 15 gallon ever time i change the water and mix it in with new saltwater? An tips two make this a little easier would be great. And same thing with me sand can i just mix it in with new sand? I'm new at the whole saltwater thing so i don't know much:lol:

Doug
04-28-2009, 01:04 PM
I moved the thread for you. Should get a better response and help here.

banditpowdercoat
04-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Take some sand out of your present tank, to help seed the new tank. Take ALL the sand in whatever area your tanking the sand from. If you just skim the sand surface, then it will releace nitrates and other bad into the water. Use your water form a water change too. That will help speed up the cycle time.

Still, monitor tank params, and when the params have finished spiking, and are on the way down, it will be safe to start slowly adding inhabitants.

ANd corner tanks can be tricky to house gear. Sumps etc. I know, going for my 2nd one here today. Lighting, I had T5 over mine, which was lighting it all just fine. Trying a 175WMH right now, which I think is to close spread on light with the shade I have. Doesn't light the edges like the T5 did, but the corals in the center are doing great now.