PDA

View Full Version : Aquarium and Stand as is

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-01-2009, 10:33 PM
My current display is a bit of a "Frankenstien" tank IMO. It really needs to be rebraced I think. The previous owner never used the tank at all but did remove the top trim and bracing. I added a few cross braces which have held up fine for a year now...but if I were keeping the tank any longer, I would have eurobraced the tank.

Tank is about 72"x19"x18"ish. I have the water level a little lower now though. Drilled with 4-2" bulkheads, 2 on one end and two in the middle "back". There are two scratches down the "back" of the tank. Not really that noticeable if you use that as the back of the tank. Black silicone. Glass is 5/8" sides and 1/2" at least bottom (might be thicker).

Would come with a 2x4/2x6 stand that will need to be skinned or finished. I also have a few never used 2" bulkheads.

I was just going to take the tank apart and actually use one panel for a non aquarium related project but my fiance is telling me to at least try selling it first.

You have to come pick it up end of February. I am not going to be too flexible on this since I personally would rather just take the thing apart and use the glass for other things.

$200 with the stand.

I should mention this tank would be IDEAL for a wicked sump! So without the stand I will go $180

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-03-2009, 01:37 AM
^^^

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Stand is sold.

Will go $150 for the tank itself. BTW, I can get a quote for eurobracing if anyone is interested and let you know the cost. I am also able to DO the eurobracing at the beginning of march if anyone is interested but the price would at least double for the tank in that case :D Probably cheaper to do it yourself.

Figured my first comments probably scared people off...I did not want the thing to actually sell originally but promised the fiance I would post it. The tank is great, just needs the bracing IMO, although its been fine as is for a year now. Thick glass for a tank this size.

Its not available until end of Feb or March but you can come by anytime to see it.

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-12-2009, 12:21 AM
So...$120 for the tank?

It will be cleaned out and ready to go last week of the month. But, if no one wants it in the next week or so, I am NOT going to oder the glass for my new desk and this aquarium will become furniture ;)

Actually this would be a cheaper way to go than what I was quoted by my glass shop for what I would need for the desk I have designed. Also thicker :D But I hate to see a perfectly good aquarium made into a desk (plus I hate cutting glass myself) so I will wait another week and see if anyone shows interest.

spoot
02-12-2009, 06:05 AM
Let me talk to my GF Justin, I want to replace our 120 with something drilled, but I'm not sure if she will let me do it now.