PDA

View Full Version : chiller help

Canuckgod420
12-11-2008, 02:41 AM
does anyone in the lower mainland know where I can get my chiller fixed?
It a pacific coast CL650 and the fan seems to have seized up.

Thanks

Jason McK
12-11-2008, 03:15 AM
Give Wendell a call at OA he would likely know

J

hillegom
12-11-2008, 03:38 AM
Did you try to put some oil into the bearings? Sometimes first penetrating fluid if it is real bad and then some oil, like 3in1 electric motor oil into the bearings will get it going again

christyf5
12-11-2008, 03:44 AM
I just had that happen myself, well not seize totally but it made an awful squawking sound when it started up. You can take the plastic cover off and put a bit of 3 in one (http://www.3inone.com/products/multi-purpose/)oil on the fan blade shaft, then turn the fan until it moves smoothly. You may need to disconnect your chiller from your system completely and tip it on its side slightly (don't forget its still full of water...I did :redface:) to get the oil to move into the motor part if thats where its seized. I ended up taking the entire fan mechanism out to deal with it. Its attached by two bolts (you'll need a torx screwdriver set and a crescent wrench) underneath and it comes right out except for a few wires and stuff. My chiller had a lot of dust inside so maybe go at it with a vacuum while you're at it.

Canuckgod420
12-11-2008, 04:02 AM
thanks for the replies....unfortunately the fan is totally seized up....wont even turn.
I couldnt get a hold of Wendell but the ladies at J&L told me even though the chiller cost $700.00 its cosidered disposable......so I should just buy a new one.....I laughed really hard.
They didnt look ammused.....lol

I guess I have to find a replacement fan.

On a side note....the same time my chller went down 1 of my heaters decided to stay on full bore.......thank god the temp didnt reach more than 83 before I noticed.

Aquattro
12-11-2008, 04:33 AM
I purchased a new fan motor from PCI, cost about 60 if I remember. About 2 years ago. Give them a call or email, they can fix you up