PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Reef?

RonPeter
04-25-2008, 11:50 AM
Are these guys still around or have they shut down? Thanks.

dsaundry
04-25-2008, 02:54 PM
Still around...

robzilla
04-25-2008, 03:18 PM
i have a friend down who was there the other day, picking up her tank and overheard some people talking about them shutting down. not sure if it was people working there or just customers and rumors.

mseepman
04-25-2008, 03:49 PM
They've shut down their website already. I also noticed that they don't have a thread on here anymore.

niloc16
04-25-2008, 06:19 PM
theyre still around and no talks of shutting down. they took the website down because of the difficulty of maintaining it and no time to do so.

Whatigot
04-25-2008, 06:28 PM
so quite the opposite then?
they are so busy there that they don't even have the time to maintain and operate a thread here or their website?
good on them....

dsaundry
04-25-2008, 07:12 PM
I think it is more of a restructuring right now. Mike had some staff issues and is trying to sort out some of the problems that developed with that issue. I think he will bouce back in a bit. As a business owner myself I am well aware of how a staff issue can create headaches for the owner. I for one will continue to try to support him whenever I can. I would hate to see him or any other business go under. Mike has always greeted me with a smile and provided me with good service, which I can't say the same about other LFS's. When I walk into a shop I want to be treated the same, whether I spend $5.00 or $5000.00, with a little courtesy, respect and acknowledgement. I was in a LFS a few weeks back and had pre-ordered some livestock and product. I waited for over an hour for someone to even notice me, oh sure they would walk by smile and keep on going but nobody even asked if I needed a hand. They had 2 people putting together another order for one person whick when I watched them add it ip it was about $750.00. It took two people to do this and there were several customers around the store, for the record my order was $475.00 and took about 10 minutes for one person to fill. Customer service was poor. Will I go back?? Probably as they are the only ones that carry a certain product I use. Will I buy as much??? Probably not, and if I find another shop that sells my product...who knows if I will ever go back. I am not saying you can't have problems with any store, but this wasn't the first time this happened so I am less likely to give them another chance. There is a saying in business, "Most people don't complain-They just don't go back".

RonPeter
04-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks for all the replies and PM's my question has been answered.

Cameron
05-14-2008, 06:12 AM
I would like to thank Mike at Hidden Reef for his excellent service this weekend, after being run off his feet by being the only one in the store he makes a point to acknowledge everyone who walks in the store while still serving 5 people at once.

WOW......PS thanks for the goodies!!!

EmilyB
05-14-2008, 07:16 AM
That's awesome. I hope he is able to make things right again.

S.D
05-14-2008, 08:57 AM
We were just in yesterday and they're open.

Sarina

RonPeter
05-14-2008, 12:06 PM
That's good to hear!

Tom R
05-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Is there an E-mail address to check stock before driving out there?

niloc16
05-14-2008, 06:22 PM
i dont think there is tom but just phone maybe. i'm glad things are looking up for them.

S.D
05-14-2008, 06:39 PM
I just spoke with Mike this morning from Hidden Reef and he has two loads of live rock coming in...one on Friday afternoon and I can't remember when the other one is coming in (losing my brain :biggrin: ).

In case anyone would like to call and find out about new shipments before coming out to Abbotsford...his # is 604-856-1433.

Sarina