PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Skimmer

Justin
03-01-2003, 05:17 PM
Looking for something for a 48 long, ideally something hang on. Have no sump now, but will have one in the future (possibly a fuge). Anyone have a SeaClone kicking around they wish they never bought? :wink: I have some equiptment I could trade as well, I will make it worth your while. Prefer local! I need something fast, as I think not having one is hurting my dissolved oxygen, and substituting a skimmer with a canister filter in not working. I have been trying to get out to Ocean Aquatics, but that 4 hour a week thing is tight to work with! Thanks!

Justin

blaster
03-01-2003, 07:00 PM
I have a seaclone you could have for $70 firm,i'm in aldergrove.

Rus
03-01-2003, 08:11 PM
i have a seaclone you could have for $ 50 i'm in Abbotsford

Aquattro
03-01-2003, 09:21 PM
If you buy a seaclone, I'll laugh at you!! :P

Justin
03-02-2003, 05:03 AM
Rus you have a pm

StirCrazy
03-02-2003, 04:17 PM
HAHAHA, hmm If I was home I could have put my seaclone up for 30.00 becuse they are a piese of junk and thats all they are worth.. well not even that but mine has been modifyed already.. oh well I will save if for a goldfish bowl reef hehe.

Steve

Samw
03-04-2003, 07:47 PM
HAHAHA, hmm If I was home I could have put my seaclone up for 30.00 becuse they are a piese of junk and thats all they are worth.. well not even that but mine has been modifyed already.. oh well I will save if for a goldfish bowl reef hehe.

Steve

Were you serious about selling for $30? I'm looking for a 2nd skimmer for my tank. I haven't seen the Seaclone yet but how does it compare with the Prism? Does the Seaclone come with a pump? Is it a RIO or is it built-in like the Prism?

AJ_77
03-04-2003, 08:31 PM
They seem to go best with a MJ1200 and venturi kit, Sam. Of course they're not a very GOOD skimmer, but to ridicule someone for using one is a bit much... :roll:

I have a "modified" one that I'm not using, but no pump. Maybe you have something for tradesies?

:wink:

Aquattro
03-04-2003, 10:46 PM
but to ridicule someone for using one is a bit much...

You're absolutely right, and I wouldn't ridicule anyone that bought one early into the hobby. We all make mistakes. But for someone that is already a member of this and other boards, they should know better or at least research this piece of junk skimmer before they waste money they probably worked very hard to earn.
And people that try to sell them should also be ashamed of themselves. They know they're crap!!! That's why they're selling it!

I bought a visajet skimmer when I first started in salt. It couldn't skim foam from beer. I did the responsible thing and threw it away; I didn't try to pawn my junk on other newbie hobbyists!!

Hope that clarifies the ridicule stuff :wink:

StirCrazy
03-04-2003, 11:56 PM
you know, you all laugh at Seaclones but for a 20 gal or smaller nano I think they are the best bang for the buck.. and if there modifyed they skim pretty good. Sam, if you would have asked me a month ago it would have been yours.. but now I am concidering setting up a 20 or 25 gal nano :shock:

Steve

Aquattro
03-05-2003, 01:05 AM
you know, you all laugh at Seaclones but for a 20 gal or smaller nano I think they are the best bang for the buck
Steve

How can you say that when you've never used anything else??

Rus
03-05-2003, 01:45 AM
i used one on my first setup 4 years or so ago and although it's by far not the best skimmer it did a decent job on my 48 gal. so ashamed of selling it i'm not, for 50 bucks you can't by anything else out there that 'll work, besides the pump's worth around $25 . i've also bought a bacpac before , and i'd have to say for almost double the cost of the seaclone it wasn't anywhere near twice as good.

By the way i'm sellling it cause it doesn't do me any good on my 150gal. so might as well sell it , it's just sitting around.

- Russ

EmilyB
03-05-2003, 02:18 AM
Brad, I remember the Visijet... :shock: I only wish I had mounted it on the wall :lol:

StirCrazy
03-05-2003, 03:36 AM
How can you say that when you've never used anything else??

well lets see what we have in the same pricerange as compatition!!

the skilter

um.. hmm.. thats it.. so bang for buck I still say it is the best in its class :wink:

Steve