PDA

View Full Version : FS: Canon S45 Digital Camera and Underwater Case

Rippin
02-03-2008, 05:20 AM
Everything is sold.

sexyshrimp
02-03-2008, 06:30 AM
Oh my goodness. I already have a camera but HOW ON EARTH do you get such stunning pictures out of a 4.0megapixel camera?!

andresont
02-03-2008, 07:08 AM
Oh my goodness. I already have a camera but HOW ON EARTH do you get such stunning pictures out of a 4.0megapixel camera?!

Mega pixels have nothing to do with picture quality IMO,
You only need more MP if you are planning to print huge prints.
Anything more then 10MP on 3x6 print will result in lesser quality because of too many pixels being crammed it to small area.
Basically if you are printing small prints 3MP is more then enough and picture quality is solemnly depends on the lens quality, that’s what reflected light travels through.
I have some stunning macro pics of a lady bug made with 3.2 MP camera.
More MP is just a hype to sell more new cameras with questionable lens quality to make more money not better pictures.
:smile:

Rippin
02-03-2008, 08:23 AM
Mega pixels have nothing to do with picture quality IMO,
You only need more MP if you are planning to print huge prints.
Anything more then 10MP on 3x6 print will result in lesser quality because of too many pixels being crammed it to small area.
Basically if you are printing small prints 3MP is more then enough and picture quality is solemnly depends on the lens quality, that’s what reflected light travels through.
I have some stunning macro pics of a lady bug made with 3.2 MP camera.
More MP is just a hype to sell more new cameras with questionable lens quality to make more money not better pictures.
:smile:

Agreed :smile:
I can't really say that the replacement that I got for the S45 "takes a better picture", although the megapixel count is much higher. There's a reason why the S45/S50 and the G3/G5 series are highly regarded - because they take great pictures. I just wanted something more compact for day to day photos (got a Sony), so no need for the S45 anymore.

Even the Rebel XT that I have doesn't take outstanding pictures as one would expect. I purchased the Rebel XT as a kit which included a lens, but imo, not a good one. A better lens would make that XT shine (still researching the replacement lens).

spoot
02-03-2008, 08:39 AM
I have a S45, it's a nice camera. How much was the case retail rippin?

j3d
02-03-2008, 07:19 PM
I agree, as long as you dont need to print your picture bigger than a 3x6 then your fine with a 3-4mp camera. I have the same underwater case that I use when snorkelling, works pretty good but gave my s30 away that's why it's lying here somewhere.

Marlin65
02-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Not bad pictures considering there is no external strobe on that camera.
Get a EFS 17-55 for your Rebel Xt you will be happy with that lens.:wink:
I just bought the body for my 30D the kit lenses are no good.
The glass is more important than the pixels, and having a good eye helps.

Rippin
02-06-2008, 01:17 AM
Not bad pictures considering there is no external strobe on that camera.
Get a EFS 17-55 for your Rebel Xt you will be happy with that lens.:wink:
I just bought the body for my 30D the kit lenses are no good.
The glass is more important than the pixels, and having a good eye helps.

That's a little bit more than what I was planning on spending for a lens :lol:

I was looking at this one: http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ItemsDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&departmentId=10404&categoryId=11802&itemID=134206