PDA

View Full Version : New pic updates

sumpfinfishe
02-12-2003, 03:26 AM
If anyone is interested, I have some new pics updated on my webpage. See at the bottom of the page for the image gallery.
www3.telus.net/sumpfinfishe

Pansy-Paws
02-12-2003, 07:00 PM
Absolutely gorgeous, sumpfishes! Particularly like the red donut (I'm a color junkie when it comes to corals). I see you don't have MH and all seems to be really thriving in your tank . . . we're just thinking about converting our canopy to MH to help our corals along and allow acroporas to keep their color . . . will post questions on the equipment board soon asking for opinions - but if you have one now, I'd love to hear it. :idea: :?:

sumpfinfishe
02-13-2003, 12:14 AM
"Tanks" Rose :D It's nice to hear, instead of some comments on how small my reef is! My favorite piece is the donut too! I just love the color, and I took a fresh shot of it this morning so I will post it up for you.

My tank is a long 27gl so it's height is only 15", which I think is one of the biggest reasons for my success. When I start my second reef sometime this year, it will most likely be a 48 gl with the same dimensions except that it will be a little more in width. I will run a single 10,000k with two NO acttinics for dawn and dusk patterns. My roomie just upgraded his 60gl from a single 6500 to a twin setup of 10,000k's, and all I can say is wow!

I also like the slim, new to us, German made compact MH units. I saw them while in Berlin a few years ago and they are a really nice system. The ones that had me drooling where a single pendant style bulb enclosed in a sleek canopy, complete with ballast and fan all in a box that was the size of a box of chocolates. I'm not sure on the spetrum of the bulbs though and I know they are a little $$$ right now. I have seen them down south in a few makes and models and I know that they can be ordered here too.

So in my opinion, I would have to say that I like the 10,000k's the best even though I'm no halide expert.
If your interested you could PM me some time, and if you like- you guy's could pop by for a visit to see the tank's as were just up the street in root'n toot'n newton!

http://www3.telus.net/sumpfinfishe/images/reddonutfeb.jpg