PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Elegance ?

hawk
11-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Maybe 6 months ago J&L had Aussie elegance corals, I see they now have them again. I'm wondering how the last batch survived? Anyone buy one over the last year, if so how is it doing?

Salmon King
11-29-2007, 01:58 AM
I no I have tried 2 and my friends another four for a tottle of 6.They were good for about 3 months then copute.The local fish store guy brought in 5 more and would not sell them to make sure they were okay.About 3 months later all dead.I wish every store would make sure they sold you stuff that would stay alive.

castaway
11-29-2007, 02:26 AM
I've had one for over a year and its still going strong.................damn thing is huge

kwirky
11-29-2007, 02:41 AM
I'd say don't buy one out of principal. They're hard to keep now because all the hardy shallow water ones have been collected and now they're pulling out deep water ellegance. If we keep buying them because they keep dieing in our tanks then the collectors are going to keep pulling them out of the ocean until they're all gone...

They're real cool and I tried to keep one too only to have it die on me. It's not worth it at all.

marie
11-29-2007, 03:12 AM
Aussie corals will keep on dying as long as collectors/LFS's insist on puting them into the same tanks that have infected indo elegances :cry:

justinl
11-29-2007, 06:13 AM
yeah, i had considered them at one point, but like moorish idols, blue ribbon eels and the like, i decided to class them in the "better left in the ocean" category. It's not like we dont have a stunning array of choices available already.

tang daddy
11-29-2007, 06:58 AM
I no I have tried 2 and my friends another four for a tottle of 6.They were good for about 3 months then copute.The local fish store guy brought in 5 more and would not sell them to make sure they were okay.About 3 months later all dead.I wish every store would make sure they sold you stuff that would stay alive.

Don't we all sk!

Elegance corals are finiky and alittle tough to keep although I know someone that has kept 3 for over a year and abit. I said what's your magic potion even some of the more experienced reefers have a hard time keeping it over 6 months, he said easy I feed them pellets! I almost fell on the ground laughing:surprise: then I said are you serious? though I think they're indo and don't know the diff with that and aussie but I agree that they should be left in the ocean aswell.