PDA

View Full Version : How much are you willing to spend on an amazing frag?

niloc16
07-10-2007, 12:23 AM
It can be a frag of anything, rare, colorful but it is a piece you must have. i would be close to $200, but i would have to stare at it for an hour and sweat alot but i would be probably grab it if it was an awesome frag.

Snappy
07-10-2007, 12:35 AM
If it's something I just have to have then it is worth the money, whatever that might be.

marie
07-10-2007, 01:38 AM
I'm cheap :mrgreen: . If it's just a frag then I don't think I would spend more then $50.

mark
07-10-2007, 01:49 AM
I'm cheap as well, $50 tops (maybe that's why my tank leans to-wards tan as the predominate colour).

Chaloupa
07-10-2007, 04:40 AM
If it was really nice and I really wanted it...I'd have to say I'd pay whatever was asked....(and if I could keep it alive "for sure")

Snappy
07-10-2007, 05:00 AM
I'm cheap as well, $50 tops (maybe that's why my tank leans to-wards tan as the predominate colour).
I think we may be on to something here, I used to feel the same way but eventually came to realize that seldom do I get lucky on a cheap piece and generally I get what I pay for.

andresont
07-10-2007, 05:11 AM
I think $50 for a frag is good price considering most people sell frags for $15-20. Perhaps if the frag is 5" then yes i would pay more then $50.

But what do i know; someone will pay 100 million for a peace of canvas with equally spread oil on it !
So things worth as much as people willing to pay. If you want this frag so bad and have $200 to spend on it ... cool, go ahead.

littlesilvermax
07-10-2007, 02:21 PM
If I know it will live, then I am willing to pay more.

Also, if I knew it would grow fast then I could eaily recoup some cost by frag trading.

fishytime
07-11-2007, 02:09 AM
Just my opinion but, I find the hobby in general rather expensive so my wallet cant justify paying to much more than $50 for a wee chunk of something. I have recently seen some stores asking $50 for A zoa polyp.That to me seems a touch excessive. Speaking of excessive, $50 for a 5" f@g? Thats excessive.:biggrin:

andresont
07-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Just my opinion but, I find the hobby in general rather expensive so my wallet cant justify paying to much more than $50 for a wee chunk of something. I have recently seen some stores asking $50 for A zoa polyp.That to me seems a touch excessive. Speaking of excessive, $50 for a 5" f@g? Thats excessive.:biggrin:

Woops, corrected my F@g spelling , thank you.

danny zubot
07-12-2007, 06:26 PM
I chose $50 but realistically I don't like to spend more than $30. Not because I'm cheep (I think), I sort of base the value of the frag on the value of the colony it came from. I'm mean, we are talking about frags here, not entire colonies.

SuperFudge
07-13-2007, 02:31 AM
Id pretty much hand over my first born for the right one.

Heh j/k, however, I would pay whatever amount it took to get a piece that i wanted.

Most expensive @ 100.00 for 1" (incredible hulk acro)

To me, you cannot compare it based on what it cost as a wild or cultured colony. If i spotted one that i find more valueable than my others, based on any criteria, i will price it accordingly...you certainly may not find it so, therefore theres no need to for you to buy it.

Its like hockey cards or old comics to me, none of them truly have any more value than the paper they were printed on, but something made them much more valueable, the collectors and hobbiests did.
Collecting unique or rare ones to me are a hobby all by itself.

Marc.

bv_reefer
08-22-2007, 04:26 AM
i'd say if it will survive for sure and was convenient to frag so i can swap it for another frag later i'd pay up to $70 tops, donno but i find for $20-$40 there are some beautiful frags such as millipora and acro's than you can grab, and nice soft corals like kenya tree and fiji leathers for the same price so with so many nice selections for $15-$50 i'm not too tempted too jump into anything too pricy..

super7
09-14-2007, 11:02 PM
depends on size but a frag is usually small so $50 is the number