PDA

View Full Version : Do you read TFTOTM write up

Doug
05-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Do you read the article for the featured tanks, written by the tanks owners? Or do you just look at the pic on the home page?

We are wondering if the current placement in picture sub forums is not the place for it, as it seems many dont even know its there? Perhaps we should have it in the main forum or perhaps its own, for both the featured tanks and pics.

Please feel free to comment and submitt any ideas.
Thanks

marie
05-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Maybe a forum of it's own would make it more accessible but to be honest I don't usually follow the threads that are started for them :redface: . When I want to look at the article and pictures, I just click on the pic on the front page, You can't make it more accessible then that :lol:

Chaloupa
05-28-2007, 03:41 PM
I read the article and look at the pictures.....I think sometimes people don't know that if you click the picture it tells you more....maybe spell it out more....beside the pic have "click the pic for more information"

michika
05-28-2007, 03:42 PM
I agree with Marie, I think it may require its own forum to make threads simpler to find.

As well like Chaloupa said, adding in some text on the front page would also be useful.

skylord
05-28-2007, 04:30 PM
I think they need their own forum. To me the write up is more interesting than the picture. I like knowing how people accomplished what they did.

I dont follow the threads made for the pics.

Scott

christyf5
05-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Wow, it already has its own forum. Apparently its hard to find :razz:

marie
05-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Wow, it already has its own forum. Apparently its hard to find :razz:

I never needed to look for it . Clicking on the front page picture seems to suit my lazy nature better :lol:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Read it all the time, especially since I usually know the reefer who won:biggrin:

Yeah, Snappy!!!

Moogled
05-28-2007, 05:48 PM
I read the articles as well. It's definitely entertaining to read about how the tank came to be.

+1 for the picture on main page. I don't use the threads but I think Reefcentral has a very good way of capturing attention for the TOTM.

danny zubot
05-28-2007, 06:16 PM
I read it and look at the pics, but only when its a tank I've never seen or read about before. IMO it's pretty accessable where it is.

kwirky
05-29-2007, 05:43 PM
I think having a FTOTM forum would be good with a sticky providing links to each FTOTM page. Where the FTOTM is located now, I only read it if I notice it's a different pic on the canreefs.com root web page.

I bookmark to http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php, not canreef.com

Snappy
05-30-2007, 05:24 AM
I always read the writeup and look at all the pictures. I have lots to learn so I enjoy seeing what other people are doing. I learn a great deal from the experiences shared and get lots of ideas to try in my own system. I often discover nice corals I wish I had that I can now be on the hunt for:crazyeye: