PDA

View Full Version : Wii internet usage

SerLunchbox
05-15-2007, 03:51 AM
Does anyone have Canreef.com as a favorite website on their Wii console?

The reason I ask is because this whole poll was done on my own Wii.

andsoitgoes
05-15-2007, 05:12 AM
heh, awesome. I sure as heck do! I don't use it much at all, but when we move my computer will be far, far away - and I may use it far, far more :)

digital-audiophile
05-15-2007, 03:36 PM
I find the Wii internet is a PITA to use. I would rather use my PC or laptop for the net :p

Ruth
05-15-2007, 03:37 PM
So what the he** is Wii? I know I have seen it referred to before but have never been sure what it was?

andsoitgoes
05-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Ruth - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii

It's the new "Nintendo Entertainment System"

Remember Mario? You no longer press a button to have him jump, but wave your hand around like a moron!

Greg - Yes, the wii is a pain to use, but it's more a novelty and they ARE improving things. If they add in a wireless keyboard, it'll be a good replacement to my PC when I'm far away, and especially if I don't feel like using the wife's laptop :)

But typing by pointing and clicking sucks, and sucks bad. there's ways around it like "predictive text" but that only goes so far before it makes my head explode :)

Der_Iron_Chef
05-15-2007, 05:02 PM
It would be if I owned a Wii....but that's not one of the options!

kwirky
05-15-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm not a huge supporter of the Wii because I find, historically, Nintendo's business practices to be even more unfair than Microsoft's...

andresont
05-16-2007, 03:08 AM
Speaking of unfaire Microsoft, i herd that (may be not true) the New Vista platform is designed to allow NSA unrestricted access to any file on PC that have Vista on it ...

I'm not a huge supporter of the Wii because I find, historically, Nintendo's business practices to be even more unfair than Microsoft's...

SerLunchbox
05-16-2007, 04:26 AM
Speaking of unfaire Microsoft, i herd that (may be not true) the New Vista platform is designed to allow NSA unrestricted access to any file on PC that have Vista on it ...

Hate to tell you, but there is devices in play right now that allow anyone to view your entire computer no matter what. They don't need Vista to do that. CSIS is one that has a couple of these devices.

andresont
05-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Yea, no surprise there eh?

Hate to tell you, but there is devices in play right now that allow anyone to view your entire computer no matter what. They don't need Vista to do that. CSIS is one that has a couple of these devices.