PDA

View Full Version : Calcium reactor/CO2 injector help

Justusfish
05-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Hey folks:

I got this wicked full reef system from someone second hand and I have everything running but the Calcium reactor and the CO2 injector. They have my stumped. I can't get the drip going on the Calcium reactor and the CO2 injector sits their taunting me with its potential and I don't know the first thing about getting it working. I'm in East Van and wondering if anyone could swing by and help a guy out. I want to start buying hard coral but want to be sure my levels are right before I do that.

Thanks!

Justusfish
05-05-2007, 05:49 AM
Karma is a good thing! :-)

marie
05-05-2007, 06:12 AM
I would come over to help but you live to far away :lol: . If I can hook up a calcium reactor anybody can, you'll find It's very simple when you finally get it running and can see how it all works.

I'm not sure why you are having problems getting the drip started how are you feeding the water into the reactor. I have mine gravity fed from the overflow in the main tank upstairs down to the fish room in the basement

Justusfish
05-05-2007, 03:52 PM
thanks, marie. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have managed all my lighting, my chiller, UV, and all the rest, but I seem to be mentally challenged when it comes to my calc and CO2.

Tangman
05-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Do you have the instruction manual ? If not check out Ocean Aquatics site , on it there is a calcium reactor help link/page
Sorry I am not closer as I would come over and help.
Mind you someone in east Van should chime it as most of us can't resist a invitation to see someone else's tank !!

Justusfish
05-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Thanks, Tang. I am sure I am just missing a really simple step, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what that is.

Tangman
05-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Hey, if you PM me your number , maybe I can help

Justusfish
05-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks to all of you who private messaged and replied to my thread. Tangman swooped in and saved the day. My Calcium reactor and CO2 is working perfectly. Now to focus on my alkalinity, calcium levels and magnesium.

Reef keeping = chemistry degree.

Thanks again, all.