PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever called in sick to work on your reef tank?

christyf5
04-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Of course! One day I woke up to no power. The power had been out for about an hour and a half. No way I was going to work before it came back on (3 hours later). Me and the reef had some quality time with a flashlight :razz:

I also called in sick to do an interceptor treatment once. After I'd cleaned pumps/powerheads etc, daytime tv isn't nearly as fun as you'd think :razz:

Workin on the tank is way more fun than a day at work. :biggrin: (unless it involves grape caulerpa)

EmilyB
04-26-2007, 08:07 PM
Absolutely ! :mrgreen:

Phanman
04-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Havnt called in sick yet, but ive left early to check out/pick up new livestock from golds as i didnt want to miss out on all the goodies, lol. shhhh dont tell the boss. But again im only a baby in this hobby (2months and counting)

Delphinus
04-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Yep ... and I'll do you one worse, I called in sick when Rob Toonen came through town. Although it ended up just being me & Canadian Man who came to the "Reef club event with Rob Toonen" so we just hung out, visited all the LFS's, had lunch at Peter's Drive-In, and chatted reef stuff all day. Best sick day I ever had!! :lol:

christyf5
04-26-2007, 08:16 PM
Yep ... and I'll do you one worse, I called in sick when Rob Toonen came through town. Although it ended up just being me & Canadian Man who came to the "Reef club event with Rob Toonen" so we just hung out, visited all the LFS's, had lunch at Peter's Drive-In, and chatted reef stuff all day. Best sick day I ever had!! :lol:

Nice!!!:mrgreen:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
04-26-2007, 08:55 PM
I work at home & sometimes I will work on my reef or go to the LFS to check out a new shipment or just go on a LFS tour with friends when I really should be working hard on my computer. Oh well, that's what those hours after midnight are for, eh.:biggrin:

"Of course", that's why its called an ADDICTION!!!!:redface:

Anthony

andestang
04-26-2007, 09:10 PM
Well now I feel better and that I'm not the only one. :mrgreen: Also not doing the house chores

andsoitgoes
04-26-2007, 09:24 PM
bah - not enough options!!! :P

There needs to be "I ALMOST did, but went into work anyway and spent a better part of the work day stressing and checking in on my poor tank!"

Chowder
04-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Don,t need to call in sick. I just tell my boss (brother) that I'm going home, to the Lfs to look at the new shipment that just came in or to get something for the the tank. I usually follow that one up with...... can I have some money.. Ya work sucks

Der_Iron_Chef
04-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Christy, we need more polling options! I think there should be one that says: Not YET.

:mrgreen:

christyf5
04-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Christy, we need more polling options! I think there should be one that says: Not YET.

:mrgreen:

Done.

Not yet? Pfft! Wimps :razz:

Der_Iron_Chef
04-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Has anyone cancelled a date? That's the real question. LOL.

PoonTang
04-26-2007, 11:36 PM
I called in sick to go pick up my tank when I first bought it. Lol, adds an instant couple hendred bucks to the price of a tank.

Der_Iron_Chef
04-26-2007, 11:42 PM
....adds an instant couple hendred bucks to the price of a tank.

Not if you accrue paid sick days :mrgreen:

danny zubot
04-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Pff, my wife seams to think that my sick days are for her leisure, even if I am really sick.

Keana
04-30-2007, 10:35 PM
I voted yes, but I work for myself... I am my boss so a lie wont get me far.

Keana