PDA

View Full Version : What Calcium Reactor do you use?

Blueman
04-22-2007, 06:38 AM
In terms of reliablity, simple operation and efficiency. Which calcium reactor do you prefer?

Precision Marine
Schuran
Marine Tech
Coralife
Deltec
Tunze
others

swiseman
04-22-2007, 10:47 AM
I have been using a MRC CR-2 on my tank for the past 6 monts with no complaints. The only thing I would suggest that you make sure you have in whatever unit you choose is the following: A spraybar attachment that will disperse the C02 throughout the entire media thus lowering C02 consumption. I would alsso recommend that there be a probe opening in the reactor so that you can monitor and attach a controller the effluent PH from inside the reactor.

Here is a link to MRC as it was not on your list.

www.myreefcreations.com

Gools
04-22-2007, 01:07 PM
Well your poll asks what I use: Schuran

And your post ask what you prefer. If I had to get another reactor it would be a GEO.

andestang
04-22-2007, 05:51 PM
Not that I've used very many (mostly been using Kalk till this point) but I just started using a MoCalc 300 (Austin Oceans) Very simple to use, adjust (has a flow meter build in) , PH probe port and is silent. The size should work even if I go to bigger setup or much larger stock.

christyf5
04-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Aquarium Essentials from Ocean Aquatics. I'm not well versed on ca reactors but this one gets the job done and its easy to use :biggrin:

Pescador
04-22-2007, 10:46 PM
I've got a K2R (http://www.coralfarms.com/k2r.htm) that's worked great for me. I added a second chamber from an old fluidized bed filter and it's keeping up with my 220 no problem.

Blueman
04-23-2007, 12:43 AM
Can someone please give some comment on Marine tech Calcium reactors. Thanks.

EmilyB
04-23-2007, 01:10 AM
K.A.R.I.

Kalk ain't really it?:lol:

Maybe you need a "Other" option. :mrgreen: