PDA

View Full Version : Bags or Buckets - best transportation method

Kronk
09-12-2006, 02:21 AM
I bought a complete setup 20g today that has been running about 10 months with 2 clowns, GBTA, midas blenny, fire blood shrimp, cleaner shrimp and the cleanup crew... i am picking it up tomorrow, i have four 5g buckets from home depot with lids i was thinking divide the livestock in the buckets with the tank water and rocks ????

any better suggestions...
Thanks,
Ken

marie
09-12-2006, 02:31 AM
I would put the livestock in bags, they could get pretty banged up in a bucket with rocks in it

christyf5
09-12-2006, 02:34 AM
depending on how far you're travelling, I'd put the rocks in one bucket, then split up the livestock into the other buckets with the water. A quick trip shouldn't hurt the rock if its just damp (even an hour or more is fine IMO). I wouldn't risk any of the livestock in with the rocks though, too easy a chance of them getting injured. I'm not sure about transporting anemones though, perhaps someone else could suggest whether it needs to be on its own.

Beverly
09-12-2006, 02:46 AM
If an anemone is attached to a rock, place the anemone side of the rock upward. Use one bucket to transport the anemone and its rock with enough water to cover the rock and anemone. If the anemone isn't attached to a rock, transport it alone with enough water to cover it.