PDA

View Full Version : Asking for help

reeferaddict
07-24-2006, 06:10 AM
I'm not sure what's happening as of this moment, but my stepdad just had a massive heart attack tonight - we don't know yet if he's going to make it. Either way I will need to go this week to be with my mom. If it turns out to be bad - my sweetie will have to come as well. I would just like to have somebody on standby to drop in and make sure my tank doesn't become soup while I'm gone. At this time I don't know what I can offer in return - if it comes down to it I could ask a friend... but I would prefer an experienced reefer who knows what to do and to not overfeed or anything. This may take up to a week... I may not need anyone, but I just would like to try to be prepared if necessary.

IPZ
07-24-2006, 07:31 AM
Tell Sandy to call me if there is a problem Jim. ....... Sorry to hear about your stepdad.

reeferaddict
07-24-2006, 08:34 AM
Thanks Scott. I may do that, it just depends on what happens in the next 24 hours. I talked to my brother tonight and he's not very optimistic, but I'm praying.

rickjames
07-24-2006, 02:04 PM
Jim,

I am here until this Saturday and then will be gone for 10 days. If you need me to stop by to help this week, I drive by your house twice a day.

I'll PM you my numbers.

reeferaddict
07-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Thanks Brennan, thank you so much, I can't describe how your generous offer has made me feel this morning... and thanks to the rest of you who have offered their support.

I have to leave to go be with my mom today and will be contacting Scott to arrange something, and I will forward your info to him and maybe you guys can co-ordinate so it doesn't impose on anyone too much.

Again to everyone - thank you for being there for me during this difficult time.

Jim.

christyf5
07-24-2006, 03:49 PM
sent PM

sea gnome
07-27-2006, 12:12 AM
HI Jim, Sorry about your step-dad, hope things are going better. Don't forget to take care of yourself too. Rachel

reeferaddict
07-27-2006, 07:57 AM
Thanks again to all... He passed away Tuesday afternoon, but thanks to some heroic work by my family and the EMT's that attended him along with me arriving as quickly as possible, I got here in time to say my goodbyes. He is already sorely missed, he was a great man, friend, dad, husband, uncle etc etc etc. This was sudden and unexpected, but I am surrounded by my wonderful family, and we are coping OK. Scott at IPZ is doing what is necessary to keep my tank going until I return. Again, I thank you all for your support and the offers, and any of you out there put me at the top of your lists if you ever require any similar support...

Jim.

Ruth
07-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Jim, I am very sorry for your loss and will say a prayer for you and your family.

muck
07-27-2006, 02:26 PM
Very sorry to hear of your loss Jim. We are also praying for you and yours.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
07-27-2006, 04:05 PM
Dang, sorry for you loss. You are indeed fortunate to get there in time. God bless.

Anthony

Delphinus
07-27-2006, 04:09 PM
Very sad news, I'm very sorry for your loss.

christyf5
07-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Sorry to hear Jim. My condolences to you and your family.:neutral:

Veng68
07-27-2006, 09:50 PM
Sorry for your lose.

Condlensces,
Vic [veng68]