PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Habits

Gizmo
06-06-2006, 04:01 AM
I'm trying to gauge how often people feed their livestock.

Thanks

muck
06-06-2006, 04:13 AM
Pretty much every day. (with skipping a day here and there)

Ruth
06-06-2006, 04:26 AM
Same as Ryan - pretty much every day even if it is just a sheet of nori. I am battling nitrates in one tank though so I think I better cut back or make it a FOWLR. Too many brown corals.

Chaloupa
06-06-2006, 04:36 AM
Every day....and sometimes twice :redface: they seem pretty happy though !

Funky_Fish14
06-06-2006, 04:53 AM
Before the tang... I only had a mandarin(that didnt eat prepared foods), a clownfish, and a pajama cardinal. The clownfish and pajama cardinal learned quickly that the refugium's output provides a constant supply of live critters, from pods, to zooplankton, to mysid shrimp(not mysis). I was only feeding every second day at the most, due to the constant live food supply(the pajama cardinal grew like a beast from when I got him after learning this). I now have a 5" orange shoulder tang in the tank as well, and thus feed once or twice a day now. He has quite the apetite. Eats about anything I throw in the tank even if I feed 3 times a day, for 10 minutes at a time.

My(their diet) has also become very varied, with mixes of frozen foods, as well as shrimp, octopus, squid, clams, mussels(all frozen), multiple different planktons, nori, different vegetable flakes, many different pelleted foods, formula two pellets, and finally still the live food supply from the fuge.

And the mandarin still wont eat prepared foods even with all that, lol.

EmilyB
06-06-2006, 06:30 AM
Twice a day.:biggrin:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-06-2006, 08:35 AM
Twice a day for the fishies. Three times a day for the ponies (seahorses). They get a heavy morning feeding of frozen mysis (PE & Hikari) & an afternoon feeding of live brine shrimp fed with spirulina powder & a third nightly feeding of mysis usually.

Good thing I have a heavy duty skimmer.

BMW Rider
06-06-2006, 01:59 PM
I use automatic feeders to give a morning feeding of flake and dried foods, then I feed frozen food in the late afternoon or evening. The reef tank also gets a strip of nori for the yellow tang daily.

wetcoast
06-06-2006, 02:47 PM
300ml of Phytoplankton daily (2 different strains)
Little sprinkle of Flake every day in the evening
A chunk of my frozen fish mush (mysis, selcon, brine, roids, cyclopeeze, krill, mussels, daphnia, scallops) every 3 days.

Seems to keep things going well - Am sure I could ramp it up a bit...

Joe Reefer
06-06-2006, 04:32 PM
Pretty much every day. (with skipping a day here and there)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/lyohemas/Gifs/withstupid.gif

muck
06-06-2006, 04:37 PM
:2gunfire:............http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/lyohemas/Gifs/withstupid.gif

Joe Reefer
06-06-2006, 05:03 PM
:rofl:

danny zubot
06-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Twice a day but smaller amounts, I have Anthias.

TheReefGeek
06-07-2006, 08:52 PM
I feed twice a day kind of. I put some flake food in the tank (a mix of both meaty and veggie) and then I go get frozen to de-thaw. Then about an hour later I dump the thawed food into the tank.

I miss the ocassional day, maybe 1 in 10 where I only put flake food in.

On the ocassional weekend they don't get fed Saturday because we are away.