PDA

View Full Version : Had an opps *PART 2*

Murminator
11-07-2005, 02:15 AM
Well tonight a friend came over and was looking at my tank he was razing me that my heater was crooked(I love suction cups) so I straighted it then we left for a couple hours. when I got back home my heater(did I say how much I love suction cups?) let go and fell across my hammer :eek: well OF COARSE the stupid thing had to turn on and melted my hammer :evil: 2 heads melted and stuck to the heater 1 head ok.(suction cups :evil: ) all the heads are shriveled up right now.
Will it be ok? is there anthing I can do? :cry:

Invigor
11-07-2005, 02:24 AM
give it the benifit of the doubt is what I do..i've got a plate coral that's had a super tough life, but it's still got some flesh that grows back...by the time it's almost back to 100% something horrible happens like the light falls into the tank and electrocutes everything, only causing the flesh to burn off the skeleton again :|

KrazyKuch
11-07-2005, 02:33 AM
Their isn't much you can do but give it the benifit of doubt.....The heads that arn't completly melted by the heater may still come back....just watch it over the next couple of days!!!

marie
11-07-2005, 02:35 AM
I have zoos growing happily on my heater and yes the heater still comes on, I checked. It doesn't seem to affect the zoos in the slightest, of course these are the ones that plan to take over the world :eek:

reeferaddict
11-07-2005, 09:33 AM
give it the benifit of the doubt is what I do..i've got a plate coral that's had a super tough life, but it's still got some flesh that grows back...by the time it's almost back to 100% something horrible happens like the light falls into the tank and electrocutes everything, only causing the flesh to burn off the skeleton again :|

Uhm.... did you read this before you hit "submit"... :eek:

Not flaming you... :razz: but doesn't THAT trick belong in that lounge thread about all the stupid things we have all learned? :mrgreen:

Invigor
11-07-2005, 12:39 PM
not flaming you, but you don't have to double click the "submit" button..and even if you do, you can always delete your last post with a cute little button that looks like http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/templates/subSilver/images/icon_delete.gif. :mrgreen:

and I was simply explaining to murm that corals can come back after bad accidents in the fish tank..soo..not sure why that would be considered unrelated to the topic at hand, since that's what he was asking

Beermaster
11-07-2005, 12:40 PM

Not flaming you... :razz: but doesn't THAT trick belong in that lounge thread about all the stupid things we have all learned? :mrgreen:

Not Flaming you but Um Shouldnt you be Hitting Submit only once? :eek:

NanoReef
11-07-2005, 01:16 PM
lol! this has gone WAY off topic. i would say just leave it, i had a leather that split and one went by the heater and mealted. he is back 100% now and looks better than ever (3 weeks later)

TNTCanada
11-07-2005, 10:40 PM
Glue your heater to a magnet like the type you use to clean your glass. I have all my power heads on magnets, easy to move and they don't give out like suction cups. You can find cheep cleaner magnets for around $5-$7. As for the hammer it might still come back like everyone else is saying.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers
Tyler

Renegade
11-07-2005, 10:48 PM
tie a knot in your heater cord that way if the suction cups fail it will only drop as far as the not providing there a top on your tank. if not tie it to something out side your tank. I hate suction cups i have to use them on my powerheads in my tank. Everyonce in awhile its a snow storm in my tank.

Kyle
a.k.a Renegade

Murminator
11-07-2005, 11:44 PM
tie a knot in your heater cord that way if the suction cups fail it will only drop as far as the not providing there a top on your tank. if not tie it to something out side your tank.

Kyle
a.k.a Renegade

It was hanging buy the cord but the flow pushed into the hammer which BTW is looking a little better today but I don't think out of the woods yet :sad:

Renegade
11-08-2005, 10:29 AM
that sucks well hope itcomes back

Renegade

Funky_Fish14
11-08-2005, 11:45 PM
I do hope it comes back Murray! Good luck!

Cheers,

Chris

Murminator
11-19-2005, 05:58 AM
YAY!! he has made a full recovery thought is was going to be close there a couple days but he's back to eating chunks of krill and looking good :mrgreen:

reeferaddict
11-19-2005, 07:44 AM
Awesome! Sorry about double posting earlier....

Anybody want me to repeat that? :mrgreen:

Murminator
12-05-2005, 01:54 AM
Well I had another one :evil: I was worried my anenome would one day take a walk into a powerhead, well it finally happened sorta. The powerhead fell off the glass( did I ever mention how much I love suction cups? :evil: ) into the anenome chewed up a couple arms and spit them out and I dunno if the poor clown was trapped under the PH or he swam under there on his own but he was under there. I unplugged the pump and ripped it out put it in the sink and plugged it in to get the chunks out. I cranked the skimmer then I did a quick 10g water change. The anenome doesn't look to worse for wear, but the pom pom xenia, clove polyps and leathers looks like they are not liking something they are all closed up. should I do another water change or let it be for a while? the fish, inverts pulsing xenia and everything else looks ok :confused:

RobbAdams
12-05-2005, 07:05 PM
I have never personally had this happen, but I have heard that Anemone(s) can release some pretty toxic stuff when injured. you may want to consider introducing some carbon to the system for a few days.

Robb

untamed
12-06-2005, 01:53 AM
Hammer corals eat krill??? I never thought to feed mine....

Murminator
12-06-2005, 02:50 AM
Hammer corals eat krill??? I never thought to feed mine....

I assume he is eating it he hangs on to it and a hour later it is gone never to be seen a again. I feed my frog spawns, hammer, galaxy, brains all my LPS shredded krill (and big pieces) squid, brine, mysis, cyclopleeze. Most of the time I mix it all together and target feed them and the next day they sit around big-n-fat. I also noticed it keeps down the sweepers too :cool:

BTW the anenome is looking pretty good today just got a little hair cut