PDA

View Full Version : When your order ready for pick up

ongquang21
12-30-2015, 05:48 AM
How soon do you expect your order online be ready for pick up?

1 Soon, such as one day, after sending the order. First ordered, first served.
2 Same as orders that are commercially delivered.
3 Up to store, which can sell out all after your order and tell you to wait until next back-order arrived

Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year

Aquattro
12-31-2015, 02:38 PM
Thread cleaned.

Vote #3

Myka
12-31-2015, 02:43 PM
Thank you. Let's try this again. :)

I vote #1 for most of the year, but if there is a big sale, then I expect the order to arrive within a couple weeks. If items are out of stock, I expect a month, tops.

gmann
12-31-2015, 03:53 PM
#1 unless it is a holiday or sales event, then it would be #3.

Reef Pilot
12-31-2015, 04:10 PM
#1, and is even more important during the holiday rush and when on hand quantities are limited. First come first serve (whether online or instore) is only fair. I was in retail all my career, and these types of customer first principles were very, very important. Sadly, though, I know that doesn't always happen with the smaller less disciplined retailers.

kien
12-31-2015, 04:57 PM
If I'm ordering from a local store, to me it would just depend on whether or not the item was/is in stock. If it is in stock I would expect to pick it up the next day at the latest. Instock should mean that they have it in the store :-) If it's not in stock in the store then I really have no expectation of when I could pick it up. Totally depends when the store would get more stock.

If i'm ordering from a non-local store (like a big box store, Best Buy, etc), then I would expect the item to be ready for me to be picked up once the item has been delivered to that store. Whenever the heck that happens to be, I have no clue. Could be next day, could be next year, could be never. I just cross my fingers and pray.

^what he said.