PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP WITH MP10

Cujo#31
12-23-2015, 03:38 AM
Ok. So I got the infamous red/green flash on my driver the other day indicating a pump stall. Checked wet side, turning freely, checked dry side, turning freely. Tried power....red/green flash.
Then started the process of eliminaton. Swapped dry sides to drivers. Same error, same side. Switched everything back to original, swapped wet sides. Same error, same side. Figured I had it ruled out to faulty dry side. Took it apart to see if there was a cause.....nothing. so.....off to J&L today, $140.00 later I have my new dry side. Get it home. Hook everything up.....red/green flash. WTF?????? No matter which circuit board I hook to faulty side I get red/green but no fault code on other side. Even tried switching power supplies...nothing. CAN ANYONE HELP!!!!!!

rusty shackleford
12-23-2015, 03:57 AM
Did you try clearing the memory on it ?

Chase31
12-23-2015, 03:57 AM
Try a new power supply, mine flashed red and something but not sure what one. I would assume it's the power supply (24v converter)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cujo#31
12-23-2015, 04:07 AM

If you mean the "heard reset" yes. It won't even allow me to do that when hooked up to faulty side. If you are talking by way of using a computer....way beyond me bud

Cujo#31
12-23-2015, 04:08 AM
Try a new power supply, mine flashed red and something but not sure what one. I would assume it's the power supply (24v converter)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried each different power supply each and every time with no luck

Cujo#31
12-23-2015, 04:12 AM

And when I swap circuit boards the driver works perfectly on other side. If I hook working driver to faulty side I get same fault code.

rusty shackleford
12-23-2015, 04:27 AM
Try holding the mode button , does it respond at all ?

Cujo#31
12-23-2015, 04:37 AM
Try holding the mode button , does it respond at all ?

Ya.....it responds by flashing red/green. I just did hard reset again by switching board to other side and still nothing

rusty shackleford
12-23-2015, 04:44 AM
So you're saying that from the time you plug it in , right off the bat it's red/green and will not respond to anything ?

Cujo#31
12-23-2015, 05:03 AM
So you're saying that from the time you plug it in , right off the bat it's red/green and will not respond to anything ?

I get one, maybe two cycles of red green yellow (in that order I believe) then right to red green. Even if I'm holding mode and set buttons when I put in power supply it does not respond at all. Conversely. If I hook the "faulty" circuit board to the other side...perfect function. The wet sides each work perfectly on the right side. The circuit boards work perfectly on the right side. The left (origins fault side( has the NEW dry side... and still jack squat

Cujo#31
12-23-2015, 05:04 AM
I can't imagine J&L would have sold me a brand new malfunctioning unit

Cujo#31
12-23-2015, 05:08 AM
I'm going bloody insane. This should not be that difficult. I'm up at 4 am so gotta crash. When I get home, just for the sh#ts and giggles of it I'm going to take the old, functioning dry side on the right, and swap it with the new, malfunctioning side on the left. That is the ONLY thing I haven't tried.

rusty shackleford
12-23-2015, 05:17 AM
When you're doing the reset are you doing it on the tank coupled with wet & dry sides together ?

Cujo#31
12-23-2015, 05:24 AM
Both ways. Coupled together dry, aligned and in functioning position on tank......

rusty shackleford
12-23-2015, 05:32 AM
Try taking the unit off the tank , with the wet side off & far away

Plug it in then hold down mode button , it should start flashing white on the dial

If it does hold down mode & set at the same time

If it starts flashing white & yellow unplug the power cord from the drive box wait like 2 seconds and plug it back in

Good luck

madkeenreefer
12-23-2015, 10:13 AM
I had same error red/green arrive on the mp10 for my salt mixing station last night.
Found some corrosion on the power conecition pin driver side.

Cleaned it up and good to go.
HTH

davej
12-23-2015, 01:53 PM
Have you tried swapping the driver https://www.liverocknreef.com/include/timthumb/timthumb.php?src=images/products/thumb_8505_driver_alone.jpg&w=30 to see if its the driver that is the issue?
If that is your problem PM me I have a spare.

Cujo#31
12-23-2015, 05:38 PM
Have you tried swapping the driver https://www.liverocknreef.com/include/timthumb/timthumb.php?src=images/products/thumb_8505_driver_alone.jpg&w=30 to see if its the driver that is the issue?
If that is your problem PM me I have a spare.
Yup.....Swapped drivers. Faulted driver worked perfect on other pump.