PDA

View Full Version : GVRD Jan/Feb social meet city preferences

gregzz4
12-06-2015, 12:53 AM
It's not easy to accommodate everyone, no matter where/when it's suggested to meet. Hopefully this will help narrow down a favorable location this time.

When you vote for your favorite locale, please include a reply with a pub/restaurant suggestion as I'll use these in the next poll.

Once we narrow down a region for the next meet I'll start another poll for the location, date and time.

Poll is multiple choice so feel free to select whatever city/day/start times suit you.
If your region is not available pick the one closest to you.

hillegom
12-06-2015, 02:24 AM
We used to have a meet at the blue ridge pub at 152 st and #10 hwy.
TomR used to organize that one at least 2 yrs ago

maron6977
12-06-2015, 02:39 AM
Big Ridge pub ?
I'd be down for that ! Even buy the first pitcher !!!
Mark

rsisvixen
12-06-2015, 02:44 AM
I still think it might be nice to do a tank tour, once a month or every second month meet at someones place and check out tanks etc.
Bring your own drinks and its less noisy as well.

hillegom
12-06-2015, 02:47 AM
Big Ridge pub ?
Mark

Yeah that was it :redface:
Ty

acepumping
12-06-2015, 05:21 AM
Big Ridge pub ?
Mark

Yes, big ridge brewery is awsome! Great portions, great pub. Great price

Ryanerickson
12-06-2015, 05:24 AM
Thought you wanted it at chucky cheese Dave?

acepumping
12-06-2015, 05:25 AM
Thought you wanted it at chucky cheese Dave?

They do serve beer there!! ;)

Ryanerickson
12-06-2015, 05:29 AM
Oh I know

acepumping
12-06-2015, 05:42 AM
Oh I know

Ahhhh!! So your hinting to have it there too ;)
+1

The Guy
12-06-2015, 07:55 AM
Yes, big ridge brewery is awsome! Great portions, great pub. Great price

Big Ridge Brewing Company Pub is great and has super food too as I recall. It seems most want the pub atmosphere and this is one pub I know is good. :smile:
Maybe Tom R will come out if we choose this location.

Tom R
12-06-2015, 04:19 PM
:smile:
Maybe Tom R will come out if we choose this location.

I wouldn't say never.

For 3 or 4 years I set up a monthly get together in Surrey. At first we would get out 15 - 25 committed REEFERS and we used a restaurant call the Fresgo Inn. www.fresgorestaurant.com 10102 King George Hwy, Surrey 604-588-0878

I would call ahead and the manager would reserve us an area near the back of the restaurant where we were able to rearrange the tables into one or two long tables, so everyone was at one table. As you can see from their menu posted on their web site the prices were very good and the selection was even better.
As time goes on these things run there course so as the number of attendees decreased we moved to Big Ridge Pub where the maximum table size was 10, we met there for years where it go down to the same 4 or 5 attendees always the same guys.

In the past we also had difficulty setting dates so realizing that you can not accommodate everyone we set our date as the last Thursday of every month that way we always new to plan on that date well in advance.

Tom R

The Guy
12-06-2015, 06:19 PM
Oh Ya! Fresgo Inn restaurant is an awesome place, been there many times over the years.
And hey it's just over the Pattullo bridge from the New west and Burnaby and Coquitlam area and no toll. :yo:

Ryanerickson
12-06-2015, 06:47 PM
Sorry I don't cross north of hwy 10 big ridge was just in the limits lol. I guess if you wanna see the real (surrey) that place will be perfect.��

Bblinks
12-06-2015, 06:58 PM
Sorry I don't cross north of hwy 10 big ridge was just in the limits lol. I guess if you wanna see the real (surrey) that place will be perfect.��

Yes, I would still like my belongings to be where I left them when I parked thanks!

Bblinks
12-06-2015, 07:13 PM
Greg, the reason we have chosen Townhall Coquitlam is because it's central...not central Surrey or central Vancouver, it's because it's right off the highway and central to people east from Abbotsford and west to whistler. Why ruin a good thing bud....

Coasting
12-06-2015, 07:22 PM
Oh Fresgos is delicious! My parents had been taking us there every so often since I was little.

I was hoping I would actually be in town for the January one (especially if you guys pick the date before the 15th of December LOL) since their always a week off from when I do hit the ferry... uggh.

I would say an absolute no to crossing the fraser river. But I would 100% cross for Fresgos, yumm!

IMO I wouldn't set foot inside "Big Ridge Brewing Company Pub". When I was between school and jobs I started working for a post construction cleaning company and ended up being on of the ones who did that restaurant before they opened. They had so many problems even getting a permit to open because of how poorly they were doing things.... Just so many little things I would NEVER want to eat there no matter how good people think the food tastes. I saw those kitchen appliances before they opened and I saw the shortcuts taken and crap they use to "clean" with. What they use in and around the big tanks for their brews. Where the sewer outputs are in comparisons to intakes and bleh gross never.

Plus traveling down 152nd is the biggest pain in the ass. I would rather drive to Chilliwack then anywhere past Guilford on 152nd.

I still stand for what I said when you guys first started planning these. Coquitlam is a nice central location. Even Burnaby. or New West.
I would absolutely try and attend if you picked townhall. Like its central! Its right there!

gregzz4
12-06-2015, 10:11 PM
Greg, the reason we have chosen Townhall Coquitlam is because it's central...not central Surrey or central Vancouver, it's because it's right off the highway and central to people east from Abbotsford and west to whistler. Why ruin a good thing bud....
Because each time I suggest the Town Hall again someone complains and while we have been there, there were grumblings about having it somewhere else next time.
I think I'll give up after this and let someone else arrange it next time, and those of us who like the Hall can continue going there.

rsisvixen
12-07-2015, 12:40 AM
Surrey is too far for me to get to.
I like the Townhall Coquitlam pub.

maron6977
12-07-2015, 01:20 AM
Because each time I suggest the Town Hall again someone complains and while we have been there, there were grumblings about having it somewhere else next time.
I think I'll give up after this and let someone else arrange it next time, and those of us who like the Hall can continue going there.

You know , people weren't complaining - they really wanting to join in ! Also , just wondering if it was possible to change time or place & still work . Don't take everything personally . I know you were trying to accommodate & thank you . I know you don't want to cross a bridge as much as me but I did it . I think what you originally set up was awesome . Last meeting (that I didn't see you at) there was talk of next meeting in N.Van (which I would pass on, 2 bridges) . That's why Laurie commented .
So , to sum up : thanks for organizing , if it runs late (after 5) hopefully I'll see you again . Laurie , I'd be all in for Big Ridge , hopefully you organize something on this side of the river !!!!

davej
12-07-2015, 05:07 AM
As the old saying goes, you will never be able to please all the people, all the time. Town hall is a nice central location, close to hwy 1. If people can make it great, if they can't, such is life. Don't make it any more difficult than it needs to be.

Aquattro
12-07-2015, 05:09 AM
Don't make it any more difficult than it needs to be.

Have you met Greg?? :) (C'mon, that was free -lol)

duncangweller
12-07-2015, 05:13 AM
I hear you dave.

I work in west van and live in Langley. People talk about crossing a bridge or two like you are venturing into the core of the earth.

It isn't far people! Especially not once a month/or two.

Aquattro
12-07-2015, 05:16 AM
I hear you dave.

I work in west van and live in Langley. People talk about crossing a bridge or two like you are venturing into the core of the earth.

I used to live in Ambleside and drove to Whiterock every day. You guys have gotten soft over there :)

duncangweller
12-07-2015, 05:19 AM
I've had people that ask me to knock $6 off the price of an item I'm selling as they have to cross a bridge twice.

1st world problems

hillegom
12-07-2015, 05:23 AM
I've had people that ask me to knock $6 off the price of an item I'm selling as they have to cross a bridge twice.

1st works problems

There are non toll ways to get everywhere

WarDog
12-07-2015, 05:42 AM
You have a multi thousand dollar fish tank, are willing to drive across town to save $20 on a bucket of salt, but won't cross a toll bridge? Mind blown.

Aquattro
12-07-2015, 05:44 AM
You have a multi thousand dollar fish tank, are willing to drive across town to save $20 on a bucket of salt, but won't cross a toll bridge? Mind blown.

This!! lol

The Guy
12-07-2015, 03:02 PM
I hear you dave.

It is what it is folks, " get over it " not a biggy at all I've crossed the river for almost every meet up because I enjoy it and will continue to do so where ever it is. :smile:

I've had people that ask me to knock $6 off the price of an item I'm selling as they have to cross a bridge twice

1st world problems

Ya and they drive a Lexus or better. :yo:

Use the free bridges if it's such a concern. :silly:

Coasting
12-07-2015, 04:23 PM
I have no issues with the bridge for the sake of the toll... I personally just loathe driving through surrey and especially along 152nd and in around king George and well everywhere in surrey.... And Richmond.... and Delta....
Langley isn't so bad, I go out to Langley all the time, I still hate the main around around 10 and 200th but Langley is far less annoying then surrey.

I live on the island now and not even where those crazy Victoria folk live.... Theres no traffic where I live, I don't hit a single traffic light on my 20min drive to work. A traffic jam involves stopping for a deer that's trying to jump in front of you.
Going through some of those cities in van now is unbearable, my mother revokes my driving rights when I drive with her because the pedestrians and other vehicles don't like my yelling.

And I want to know where this multi thousand dollar fish tank is coming from... shesh! Not everyone sinks that much into their tank ;)

Aquattro
12-07-2015, 04:47 PM
And I want to know where this multi thousand dollar fish tank is coming from... shesh! Not everyone sinks that much into their tank ;)

Really??? :)

Bblinks
12-07-2015, 05:19 PM

Ummmm.....I think i have that just in the bio cube......:fadein:

Coasting
12-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Must be a guy thing ;)
I definitely dont have thousands in mine. Heck its lucky to get a 5gal water change once a month with tap water :P

Bblinks
12-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Must be a guy thing ;)
I definitely dont have thousands in mine. Heck its lucky to get a 5gal water change once a month with tap water :P

lol.....stop it. :biggrin:

gregzz4
12-08-2015, 12:05 AM
Have you met Greg?? :) (C'mon, that was free -lol)
Yup, I'm a good target