PDA

View Full Version : Longest before you cleaned your tank

Dearth
10-11-2015, 06:12 PM
As the title states what is the longest you let your tank go before cleaning it (The glass, equipment and so on)

Outside of feeding my fish I recently ignored my tank for 24 days as I was working 19 twelve hour nightshifts and spent a few days recuperating before I went about doing maintenance on my tank. Nothing died but damn some of my corals grew and grew quite a bit.

So how long did yours go before cleaning it.

kien
10-11-2015, 07:12 PM
Well, I clean my glass every few days. If I don't I end up with a nasty green/brown tank sitting in the middle of my house. Although, when I'm on vacation it doesn't get cleaned for a week or more.

Aside from the glass, the tank itself (equipment, sand, WC, etc), I haven't done any of that maintenance since this past June. :redface:

Myka
10-11-2015, 07:41 PM
There's been times in my reefing life where my tanks have gone for 8 or so weeks. Mature tanks in good condition can handle it.

kien
10-11-2015, 08:19 PM
There's been times in my reefing life where my tanks have gone for 8 or so weeks. Mature tanks in good condition can handle it.

Truth! I can vouch for that :-)

Madreefer
10-12-2015, 05:45 AM

Word
I've gone 2 months as well

spit.fire
10-12-2015, 05:56 AM
i went 1 year and 2 months without cleaning one of my tanks (without water changes), topped of the water, added a bit of calcium, mag, and baking soda from time to time, cleaned the glass with a magnetic scraper, but that was it

toxic111
10-12-2015, 04:20 PM
My 12gal at my office has been over 2 years without a water change. I occasionally clean the glass. We won't talk about the algae in it though. I have been meaning to shut it down, just never get to it. There is no livestock in it except for a couple snails.