PDA

View Full Version : Apex

BobFish
08-31-2015, 08:34 PM
Dam storm, took out my display, and can't connect to fission, contacted Apex support, they gave me some links, but they don't work either. Guess i have to go out and buy another display just to figure out what is going on....

Anyone got an extra display so i can check my network settings on my apex?

rishu_pepper
08-31-2015, 10:12 PM
Same thing happened to me. Apex is getting on my nerves. I'm seriously considering switching systems, this is unacceptable (2nd time since purchase a few months ago).

davej
08-31-2015, 10:22 PM
After power outage I unplugged mine. Waited for power to be back on before I plugged mine back in.

BobFish
09-01-2015, 12:00 AM
checked my wireless adapter, it's fine, some how when display went down it messed with the settings, can't get into classic site either.

davej
09-01-2015, 12:22 AM
Have you tried hooking it up with a cable instead of wireless?

rishu_pepper
09-01-2015, 01:30 AM
Have you tried hooking it up with a cable instead of wireless?

Mine is on cable. Experiencing the exact same problem as OP describes.

Aquattro
09-01-2015, 02:21 AM
I would see if you can connect direct, update the FW and load the latest boot loader.

rishu_pepper
09-01-2015, 02:57 AM
I would see if you can connect direct, update the FW and load the latest boot loader.

I've sent in a ticket, they gave me a resolution which didn't work at all, so I'm now awaiting their reply on the solution. May have to try your recommendation but I'll wait to see what they say first.

Nothing but trouble, this Apex. :evil:

Simons
09-01-2015, 02:28 PM
you could still try connecting to it through a PC...if you use the Apex flash wizard it will find any Apex on the local network and then you could connect that way.

rishu_pepper
09-03-2015, 10:17 PM
Wow, I sent a reply asking to set up the phone support session for Friday a couple days ago, since I could take time off work to stay home and deal with it. I never got a confirmation so I didn't call off work, only to just receive an email now saying "Oh I am sorry we missed your email." Now I have to rush home next week Thursday to deal with it. Unbelievable.

I know Apex is like the gold standard of aquarium controllers, but I'll never buy their products ever again. So disgusted.

Slyguy00
09-03-2015, 10:20 PM
I noticed my apex changes its ip address every once and awhile and I can't log into it with my phone until i got to my display, check the IP address and change it on my phone. Then it works.

Simons
09-04-2015, 03:26 AM
you must have it set to DHCP instead of a static address....

BobFish
09-04-2015, 04:44 AM
Apex support called yesterday and sorted all out, reset IP address and reloaded software for display...all good now.

rishu_pepper
09-11-2015, 01:59 AM
Apex just called and we spent an hour on the issue, the Apex is still unable to work properly. I give up.

byee
09-22-2015, 05:55 AM
you must have it set to DHCP instead of a static address....

Best thing to do is to do a DHCP reservation based on the MAC address to ensure you always get the same IP address.