PDA

View Full Version : How truthful are you?

Wretch
05-16-2015, 07:26 AM
When it comes to aquarium expenses how many people are totally honest with their significant other? or do you fudge on the expensive things and honestly answer on cheap things? Truth or lie. Brave or foolish. Who has the cojones to answer?

Bblinks
05-16-2015, 07:41 AM
Wife knows 100 percent. Better tell the truth than her finding out on the visa statement lol

WarDog
05-16-2015, 08:39 AM
I tell her everything. I support my wife's interests and she supports mine. She also keeps me in check when things get out of hand... which is whenever I hang out with Bblinks!

Madreefer
05-16-2015, 09:02 AM
My wife doesn't care and doesn't ask. As I am the same with her horses.

daplatapus
05-16-2015, 01:08 PM
I answer truthfully when she asks, lol. But she's learned that sometimes she really doesn't want to know :D

jorjef
05-16-2015, 01:27 PM
I answer truthfully when she asks, lol. But she's learned that sometimes she really doesn't want to know :D

This and we have separate bank accounts. :lol:

Aquattro
05-16-2015, 02:28 PM
Wife knows exactly what I spend.

blacknife
05-16-2015, 04:14 PM
No more wife.. that @##W$#@ tank was one of the many reasons

reefwars
05-16-2015, 05:12 PM
Wife knows exactly what I spend.

Same here I actually run all major purchases by here first as were a team :) if I want a bucket of salt I just go buy it but if I'm going to spend a grand on corals well that's diff and we make those decisions together :) she likes the hobby as much as me so it's all good but if it wasn't for her I'd spend my last $10 on corals lol I really would lol

Dearth
05-16-2015, 05:56 PM
Ah....the joys of being single I only have to answer to myself...

carnut
05-16-2015, 09:16 PM
Since we both have large tanks it's a race to see who gets to spend what.:mrgreen:

The Guy
05-16-2015, 10:26 PM
Full support she loves the reefing hobby too. :thumb:

Myka
05-16-2015, 10:38 PM
I figured there'd be more people sneaking around! :lol:

Hubby doesn't care, he spends more on his toys.

Kellyscoral
05-17-2015, 05:34 AM
He knows how much I spend and has been encouraging me to get a bigger set up and spend more. Hmmmmm - what's he up to!

hunggi74
05-17-2015, 06:21 AM
I figured there'd be more people sneaking around! :lol:

Hubby doesn't care, he spends more on his toys.

The ones sneaking around ain't posting in Canreef that why...

Roskoreef
05-17-2015, 06:51 PM
Lol same as daplatapus, i tell her the truth but she has learned she doesnt always want to know....

Wretch
05-17-2015, 07:46 PM
I just told my wife I was going to spend $700 on a aquarium controller, she looked at me like I was crazy. After explaining I got the ok as long as it was paid in cash, no visa and no more frags :cry:

gregzz4
05-17-2015, 10:27 PM

This and we have separate bank accounts. :lol:
This covers it for me

WarDog
05-18-2015, 06:29 AM
I just told my wife I was going to spend $700 on a aquarium controller, she looked at me like I was crazy. After explaining I got the ok as long as it was paid in cash, no visa and no more frags :cry:

Sounds to me like your wife was being reasonable (cash, no visa), but I'm sure the conversation was very uncomfortable! Lol... I've been there!

I'll admit, sometimes it's very hard to justify a major purchase to someone who doesn't have the same understanding. Granted, you don't need an expensive Apex, but it will make reefkeeping that much more automated for you.

Now I just need to work up the courage to talk to my wife about the chiller the tank will be needing soon, lol!

Bblinks
05-18-2015, 05:01 PM
Sounds to me like your wife was being reasonable (cash, no visa), but I'm sure the conversation was very uncomfortable! Lol... I've been there!

I'll admit, sometimes it's very hard to justify a major purchase to someone who doesn't have the same understanding. Granted, you don't need an expensive Apex, but it will make reefkeeping that much more automated for you.

Now I just need to work up the courage to talk to my wife about the chiller the tank will be needing soon, lol!

Just bought a 11 dollar fan from Canadian tire yesterday for the tank...cheap and the best part was that the wife grabbed it for me. Its much easier to explain the 11 bucks rather the 400. Matter of fact, get 2, I control them using my profilux and once the temperature reach certain number it will turn them on automatically. I have found this more useful than a chiller in the house. The damn thing produces a lot of heat while it's running making your room itself into a sauna. If the temperature gets over 30 in the tank even with the fans than I would rather get a portable ac unit. I don't think most wives would complain about that. You might even get some brownie points. Lol

BMW Rider
05-19-2015, 02:16 PM
I have no reason to worry about what I spend on my aquarium or my motorcycles or my car or my workshop and tools. I spend my money, she spends hers, we share the bills. No problem, no fighting. :biggrin:

That said, she does have a lot more saved than I do :redface:

christyf5
05-19-2015, 03:35 PM
My husband knows better than to ask :razz: