PDA

View Full Version : How much does UPS suck?

trilinearmipmap
01-24-2015, 05:52 PM
Just wanted other hobbyist's perspective on this.

Dearth
01-25-2015, 03:21 AM
Haven't dealt with UPS concerning livestock but they have lost hardware orders on me a few times if I order out of province

Myka
01-25-2015, 01:41 PM
You should have made this multiple choice. I can't decide which option sucks worse.

daplatapus
01-25-2015, 02:30 PM
You should email them a link to this poll, lol

mark
01-25-2015, 04:15 PM
bizarre brokerage fees aside, after having more than a few deliveries just being left at the front door, some resulting in frozen testkits (still can't understand why they wont ring the bell) there's no way I would order livestock if the vendor dealt only with UPS

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-25-2015, 05:08 PM
I honestly will NEVER buy livestock or anything from the States from a company that insists on only using UPS. NEVER!!!

kien
01-25-2015, 07:51 PM
Personally I think it depends largerly on your individual carrier. I mean, that guy that actually drives/walks the package to your door. I've had two or 3 different UPS carriers and the current one that I have had for the past 2 years has been EXCELLENT! He has predicted my schedule (which is I guess kind of freaky in itself), but he will (if he can) wait until I'm home from work and then attempt a delivery. Sometimes I will see him driving away from my house and then come back later. Plus he's really nice. Always striking up a short conversation.

On the flip side, a few years ago I had a bad UPS carrier that wasn't quite as nice.

Same goes for FedEX. I've had bad FedEx carriers and good ones. So, I guess I personally would not single out an entire company based the the experience of a good or bad carrier.

Yes, there is that issue of brokerage fees but they are there for a reason, agree or disagree. I don't like them either so I too try to avoid carriers that charge high brokerage fees (for cross border orders) whenever possible.

Jordon
01-25-2015, 09:23 PM
Never had a problem with UPS. FedEx on the other hand...