PDA

View Full Version : Jebao Products in Canada

intarsiabox
08-23-2014, 04:25 AM
Reef Supplies has stated that they bought out Reef Supply Canada and will only be carrying the Jebao RW series of pumps instead of the entire line. FishyFishy! inquired about who else is going to carry Jebao products from now on so I replied that Petsandponds.com carries the full line of Jebao products but of course my post was deleted (sounds familiar). Since the whole point of this website is to help fellow reefers out I am reposting this as my own thread so members know of other Canadian options. If you specifically want an RW series pump then Reef Supplies has given me great service in the past and I have know actual buying experience from Petsandponds.com.

Aquattro
08-23-2014, 04:43 AM
That's good to know. As far as posts getting deleted, I would expect posting about the competition in a vendor's thread wouldn't be well accepted. This is a better way.
Thanks for the info.

intarsiabox
08-23-2014, 05:10 AM
That's good to know. As far as posts getting deleted, I would expect posting about the competition in a vendor's thread wouldn't be well accepted. This is a better way.
Thanks for the info.

I agree. To be honest the only reason I even posted in the vendor's thread is to maybe get him to see there is competition and demand for Jebao products in hopes of a full line reconsideration. Of course I don't know the sales figures so maybe it's not financially feasible. I have a WP-10 on a small tank I am very happy with and am considering the twin WP-25 pumps for a new tank I'm still finishing off in the near future.

Aquattro
08-23-2014, 05:13 AM
Agreed, and I did post in his thread explaining that I would want an alternative to the RW series and why. It may or may not be feasible to stock the full line. But I think there is still demand there for it.

Ron99
08-23-2014, 05:54 AM
I've dealt with Pets and Ponds a few times and had good service. I just ordered a dual RW-8 package from them because my MP40 packed it in. Was initially going to order from Reef Supplies but they didn't have stock and I need it ASAP.

Placed the order at P&P this morning and it shipped out the same day so I'm pretty pleased so far :)

jordsyke
08-23-2014, 03:15 PM
I beleive krakens reef also supplies Jebao, that is where I got my DC pump from

FishyFishy!
08-23-2014, 04:09 PM
I appreciate this post!! I was dissapointed to hear about them dropping most of the jebao line. I really like the product so far (running 2 WP40). Its just really nice to have a cheaper option for those of us who are on a tighter budget.

I have dealt with reefsupplies many times and have been very pleased with their service and products every time. They would definitely have my business if they decided to carry more of the jebao line!

The Guy
08-23-2014, 04:11 PM
I appreciate this post!! I was dissapointed to hear about them dropping most of the jebao line. I really like the product so far (running 2 WP40). Its just really nice to have a cheaper option for those of us who are on a tighter budget.

I have dealt with reefsupplies many times and have been very pleased with their service and products every time. They would definitely have my business if they decided to carry more of the jebao line!

Ditto!!

intarsiabox
08-23-2014, 05:38 PM
I beleive krakens reef also supplies Jebao, that is where I got my DC pump from

Yes they do, just more limited on the selection. I bought my Jebao pump from them as well. Another good company to deal with.

straightrazorguy
08-23-2014, 06:32 PM

+ 2!

Wheelman76
08-23-2014, 06:46 PM

I'm not sure why everyone is so concerned about losing the wp line. The Rw15 is 4000gph compared to the wp40's 3000gph , it's a smaller pump ,has a wider flow, looks a lot nicer and they wirelessly communicate with each other like the vortech mp line. And the cost around $10 more. They also have the rw8 and rw20 which are comparable to the wp25 and wp60.

Aquattro
08-23-2014, 07:45 PM
I'm not sure why everyone is so concerned about losing the wp line. The Rw15 is 4000gph compared to the wp40's 3000gph , it's a smaller pump ,has a wider flow, looks a lot nicer and they wirelessly communicate with each other like the vortech mp line. And the cost around $10 more. They also have the rw8 and rw20 which are comparable to the wp25 and wp60.

Well, I dont' want 4000gph, 3000 is pushing it. I don't care about wirelessly communicating, I use mine on Apex with a cable I just bought. If one of my WP pumps dies, I want to replace it with the same thing. It's a matched set :) Flow width is silly, I just want water moving. They are $10 more.

Now, if I were buying all new stuff, sure, I'd go with the latest. But I went with the last last season, so it would be nice to be able to get the same stuff. Oh, cost wise, I can buy the WP40 for 60 bucks without the controller I don't need. Gooder deal still.

ronau
08-23-2014, 08:26 PM
Well, I dont' want 4000gph, 3000 is pushing it. I don't care about wirelessly communicating, I use mine on Apex with a cable I just bought. If one of my WP pumps dies, I want to replace it with the same thing. It's a matched set :) Flow width is silly, I just want water moving. They are $10 more.

Now, if I were buying all new stuff, sure, I'd go with the latest. But I went with the last last season, so it would be nice to be able to get the same stuff. Oh, cost wise, I can buy the WP40 for 60 bucks without the controller I don't need. Gooder deal still.

Where can you buy the pump without the controller? I had a WP-25 die on me and like you I ran a pair with my Apex. Now I need a replacement and would rather not add another controller to my pile of junk never to be used.

Thanks,

Ron

reefwars
08-23-2014, 08:39 PM

Sounds like my phone lol

Aquattro
08-23-2014, 08:52 PM
Where can you buy the pump without the controller? I had a WP-25 die on me and like you I ran a pair with my Apex. Now I need a replacement and would rather not add another controller to my pile of junk never to be used.

Thanks,

Ron

Pets and Ponds

ronau
08-23-2014, 08:54 PM
Pets and Ponds

Didn't even notice that on their site, thanks!

Wheelman76
08-23-2014, 09:25 PM

Ok so you don't want 4000gph , that's why they have a controllable speed , and I'm sure most people would prefer to have the extra power if they want it ,and turn it down if they dont , while maybe extending the life of the pump running it at a lower speed.

That's a great way of running them through the apex with the cable , but I would bet most people run them with the controller and having the option of them communicating together like a vortech mp , is a pretty cool option.

Flow width is silly? That comment has to be one of the silliest things I have ever heard. Wider flow covers more area on either side of the powerhead , and also allows for easier placement without having to worry about blowing the skin off your acro's

Aquattro
08-23-2014, 09:44 PM
Flow width is silly? That comment has to be one of the silliest things I have ever heard. Wider flow covers more area on either side of the powerhead , and also allows for easier placement without having to worry about blowing the skin off your acro's

Well ya, that's the theory. But I haven't found it to apply to practical application. Not something I would base a decision on.

And yes, most people will want the newer units. If I had none, I'd go with the RW. But if one of my exisiting ones dies, I want to replace it with the same thing. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there in the same position. I think Jebao sold a few units :)

Wheelman76
08-23-2014, 09:54 PM
And yes, most people will want the newer units. If I had none, I'd go with the RW. But if one of my exisiting ones dies, I want to replace it with the same thing. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there in the same position. I think Jebao sold a few units :)[/QUOTE]

Yes , I agree as I have a pair of wp25's and if one died I would prefer to replace the one pump as well.

Aquattro
08-23-2014, 10:05 PM
And that's all I'm saying really, if you have none, buy the new ones, but if you need to replace part of a set, access to the old would be great. Especially without the controller option.