PDA

View Full Version : Would you ever own clownfish again?

EmilyB
04-20-2014, 05:47 AM
I think they are amazing, and kept many types over the years, with different suitable anemones.

However, they are just damsels in disguise, evil fish, and I'd never put them into my tank again.

Your opinion?

Borderjumper
04-20-2014, 06:00 AM
I think they are amazing, and kept many types over the years, with different suitable anemones.

However, they are just damsels in disguise, evil fish, and I'd never put them into my tank again.

Your opinion?

I have a few that I got as tiny babies. They are in their own tank with no other fish. Love em as they don't bother any of my corals

Aquattro
04-20-2014, 06:03 AM
I have a pair of percs, they're just fine. Had them for a long time. I have met clowns I hated though..

michaelis88
04-20-2014, 06:45 AM
was and going to be the only reason in this hobby. of course the corals too

Coral Hoarder
04-20-2014, 06:54 AM
the only ones iwouldnt own is the maroons they are my fav but i had a pair destroy about 5 difrent kinds of hamers frogspwns and torches

SeaHorse_Fanatic
04-20-2014, 07:25 AM
Yes, love the look of gold striped maroons, but they can be very nasty to other clowns and small fish & like to shotput Euphyllias. I had one big female years ago that would pull a big 20 head frogspawn out of its hole in the LR and then toss it into the sand. Eventually killed off or damaged most of the heads before I could catch her out of the tank and get rid of her.

No problems w Oc & Percs.

reefermadness
04-20-2014, 12:53 PM
I had to move a torch once cause they hosted it but other than that my clowns have been model citizens.

Dearth
04-20-2014, 03:47 PM
I got a pair of Black Perculas after friend shut down his tank I love those guys they are quiet and peaceful tankmates however they will not host and anemone I put in the tank they have their own corner that they call home. Until I got these guys never was a fan of clowns but I would definitely get Black perculas again

Doug
04-20-2014, 06:44 PM
Although mine are now close to 14yrs. old and like close pets, I voted no. The male is a dork, like many finger biting clowns.

hillegom
04-20-2014, 07:08 PM
I love my 3 perks.
Hovever I had clarkii once and they turned evil

Gone Snorkelin'
04-20-2014, 07:19 PM
We have one tank raised Ocellaris Clown in our 120 and I really like it. I take it for granted but every once in a while I take a really good look at it and say to myself " that fish is truly beautiful"

Still one of my favourites.

Michael

Skimmer Juice
04-20-2014, 07:30 PM
I have 2 onyx piccaso's had them for around 6 years. Never had any issues with them , they have hosted my GBTA since I first got them , and they never go away from it. They have started breeding in my tank and they only get teritorial when there is eggs under the anemone. So I would definatly get clownfish again.

Myka
04-20-2014, 08:56 PM
I love Clownfish. I have many different ones. None of mine are particularly evil. Then again, neither are my damsels. :lol:

Timbits
04-21-2014, 03:11 AM
Even though they can be a pain at times, all of the time actually, I still love them :)

Madreefer
04-21-2014, 05:24 AM
A tank with no clowns? Is'nt that the first thing any non hobbyist says when they see a SW tank "where's Nemo?"
My percs are great and until my anemone finally dies i'll keep replacing the clowns. An anemone IMO looks so lonely with no clown fish.