PDA

View Full Version : You wanted a poll, you got a poll

Aquattro
02-15-2014, 03:21 AM
Ok, due to a heavily debated topic revolving around the buy/sell forums, I'm going to present two options. This is not a discussion of options or alternatives, this is a vote. Majority wins and ends all future discussion of the topic.
============================================
Option A. The buy/sell forums stay the way they are now, with the only restrictions being aquaria related items and each item must have a price.
============================================
Option B. The buy/sell forums are moderated and subject to approval before being visible. The title will have a format that includes |Action|Item|Location|
Action= FS/FF or WTB. Item is description of item for sale. Location is either your city, or your country if you're willing to ship. In the case of the latter, indicate willingness in post. You also can use your discretion on city or country.
Posts will be reviewed daily for approval inmost instances. Bugging staff will not speed up the process.
Threads that do not meet criteria will be removed without notice. If your thread doesn't become visible within a day or so, it was posted wrong. Re-read the sticky that will be at the top of the forums.
Again, aquaria related and items must have price.
=======================================

I will run this poll for 10 days. Whatever the majority is the rule.

Please do not use this as a discussion, simply pick a button.

Thanks

acepumping
02-15-2014, 04:16 AM
Clearly gettin power!!!

Proteus
02-15-2014, 04:27 AM

Aquattro
02-15-2014, 04:29 AM
I received a PM inquiring about the drastic change for option B. Here is my reply

"The layout doesn't change other than I need to batch process threads to enforce the rule. I can't watch all threads all day to make sure people post location. Example, someone posts non compliant thread at 10:30pm, I don't get to it until lunch the next day. Hard to enforce for others when they can point at the ones I miss. So, if I do them all once or twice a day, it mitigates that potential issue. Other than that, the requirement is aquaria related, prices and location in a format that gives consistency."

Essentially, the layout stays the same other than minor formatting of title. 90%+ of the existing threads meet this already. Posting item as "various items" "tank clearance" etc is acceptable. The only real change is location.
Moderating is required so that I can do it all once or twice a day. I can't be online 24/7 to monitor posts. I have to consider my time as well. At worst there could be a 24 hour delay in publishing the thread. Follow up posts and inquiries would not be moderated.

Aquattro
02-15-2014, 08:35 PM
This is not a discussion of options or alternatives, this is a vote.

Please pay attention to this particular line.

christyf5
02-15-2014, 08:47 PM
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68933

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68934

Aquattro
02-15-2014, 08:52 PM
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68933

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68934

Oh, look. It's already a guideline. Who knew?

albert_dao
02-15-2014, 09:03 PM
Wow, now all you have to do is enforce it :D

Live is so magical.

Aquattro
02-15-2014, 09:08 PM
Wow, now all you have to do is enforce it :D

Ya, I'll watch for that.

Guess we don't need a poll after all.

Aquattro
02-15-2014, 09:24 PM
Actually, these are the relevant guidelines

A location is required in either the title, post, or poster's profile.

Subject Titles
Try to include a brief description of the item(s) being sold (or sought) in the title of your thread. [OMIT (replaced by next sentence) - And if you're really enthusiastic, feel free to add your location too (if not already in your profile).] Please consider placing location in your title. Having this information in the subject line will help buyers (or sellers) direct their attention to your posts.

We do currently enforce this (with Denny as an exception, because he's special)

acepumping
02-16-2014, 03:28 AM
LMFAO!!! LUVIN IT!!!

Madreefer
02-16-2014, 07:42 AM
[

We do currently enforce this (with Denny as an exception, because he's special)[/QUOTE]

What are we 12?
No offense, but it's really not that funny.

Proteus
02-16-2014, 01:45 PM
It's comical weather your 12 or 112

reefwars
02-16-2014, 02:37 PM
It's comical weather your 12 or 112

made me laugh:pppp

StirCrazy
02-17-2014, 05:15 PM
I picked "b" cuz it's more work for Brad ;)

Myka
02-17-2014, 09:26 PM
I picked "b" cuz it's more work for Brad ;)

:dance:

Aquattro
02-17-2014, 09:30 PM
:dance:

Guess I gotta pick my friends more carefully...

Myka
02-17-2014, 09:54 PM
Guess I gotta pick my friends more carefully...

:lol: Hey I'm not the one who voted for "B"! I voted "A"!!!

Sent from my Dungeon using mad Ninja Skillz.

kien
02-18-2014, 05:50 PM
I am officially boycotting this poll because there is no third option..

Aquattro
02-25-2014, 11:52 PM
Thank you all for your participation (except Keener). The guidelines as stated below are the guidelines in effect.

A location is required in either the title, post, or poster's profile.

Subject Titles
Try to include a brief description of the item(s) being sold (or sought) in the title of your thread. [OMIT (replaced by next sentence) - And if you're really enthusiastic, feel free to add your location too (if not already in your profile).] Please consider placing location in your title. Having this information in the subject line will help buyers (or sellers) direct their attention to your posts.

We do currently enforce this (with Denny as an exception, because he's special)