PDA

View Full Version : ZOA species specific lighting preferences

Coral Hoarder
01-26-2014, 03:58 PM
Just thought is start this thread as a little refrance guide
I have had a few things morph and change coler because of to much light and wasn't to happy about it so mabie this can help others to not mess up like I did

Ok to start it off space mpnster seem to love high lights they got brighter and get more speckles

Rastas like high light but they seem to losses there red in higher lighting

Cats eye like low light I had mine morph into this sunny d thing that I really don't like lol

mike31154
01-26-2014, 04:26 PM
Great idea. I have a small clump of zoas that I can't seem to get to grow properly.

Probably a good idea to mention the type/spectrum of light (LED, fluorescent, Halide... others) as well. There can be quite a difference to the definition of 'high' or 'low' light when you factor in the type. Anything in the blue spectrum doesn't appear that bright to us, but could be considered 'high' to some species of coral.

Coral Hoarder
01-26-2014, 04:52 PM
Great idea. I have a small clump of zoas that I can't seem to get to grow properly.

Probably a good idea to mention the type/spectrum of light (LED, fluorescent, Halide... others) as well. There can be quite a difference to the definition of 'high' or 'low' light when you factor in the type. Anything in the blue spectrum doesn't appear that bright to us, but could be considered 'high' to some species of coral.

thanks ! i am curently using 10 watt emiters for led pendants 3 blue 2 white x2 over a 72 galon tank i belive whites are at 70 blues at 80 if that helps ?

post a pic of yours ? mabie we can get an id
try moving them up or making a frag and moving them up see if they do better with more light