PDA

View Full Version : "Mystery Bag" rock

Richer
07-12-2004, 07:52 PM
I cleaned out my girlfriend's father 30 gallon tank a couple of weeks ago, with the intention of using the "Liverock" he had in there in my sump. Well, things changed, and I ended up not being able to use this rock.

Keep in mind this rock had been sitting in a 30 gallon SW tank for who knows how long with no livestock in it. The only thing in this tank other than the rock was a crap load of crushcoral (which is sitting in a box outside), another crapload of silica sand and half a dozen bristle worms. Water movement was maintained with a couple of maxijets and light was provided by a couple of flourescent tubes... the wattage of which escapes me right now. I think its safe to say that no water changes were done during the entire time the rock was in this tank... I very much doubt that this "liverock" is live since there's nothing growing on it (except hairalgae) and there was basically no livestock in this tank (minus the bristle worms). I think it would work great as baserock though. Currently the rocks are sitting in a rubbermaid bin with SW being circulated by a couple of maxijets.

If anyone wants this rock, or the crush coral, or the silica sand, please send me a PM. Pick up only. I'm going to let this stuff go for free.... OBO :razz: .

Oh, I suppose if you want the flourescent fixtures, you can have those too... I'm willing to sell those for... 5 bucks? Bulbs are included, though I have no idea how old they are.

-Richer

kuatto
07-12-2004, 08:05 PM
sent u pm :biggrin:

Scavenger
07-12-2004, 08:07 PM
I'm guessing that this rock is live. Those bristle worms you mentioned have to be eating something.

muck
07-12-2004, 08:20 PM
pm sent.

Quinn
07-12-2004, 09:15 PM
I would think that the rock would have at least some life on it.