Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 09-13-2008, 02:46 AM

steve fedyk is on a distinguished road

Great shot of the clowns laying eggs.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:00 AM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Haha! Nice.. video is always soo much better than pics.

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 09-13-2008, 03:33 AM

Jason McK is on a distinguished road

Crazy, Looks like there is quite the line up for the buffet

the fish are looking Great there growth is insane. The Atlantic Blue is such an amazing colour. Now they will mature to the blue colour right?

J
Old 09-13-2008, 04:05 AM

Tarolisol is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Any luck catching the female bluethroat yet?

That's way cool that the aquarium will take them though. I had sort of figured that you can't approach them with requests to take livestock as it sort of opens up a precedent you'd think they would rather avoid. (eg., "So I have this 6 foot blacktip shark that needs a home..." ) But still, it would be really neat going to the aquarium and seeing your old "friends" like that.

There was a time I was contemplating approaching the aquarium to donate my ritteri as it's quite a large monster, and the cost to keep a tank running that's dedicated to it, keeps me from running a single "really nice" system. On the one hand, I'd hate to give up on it, after so many years it's sort of become my "one true identity" in this hobby ("the guy with the ridiculously large anemone") and it's the one thing I can truly post about with any authority on the subject over at RC .. but on the other hand, I look at tanks like yours and wish I could do something close to it ... but I'm more or less anchored unless I give it away. If the aquarium were interested, that would be a really cool send off knowing that they went to a facility where the public could enjoy seeing such a display.

Anyhow sorry for the off topic rambing. Very nifty, next time I make it to the aquarium I'll be looking for the big pair of bluethroats.

Dont worry Tony to me you'll always be the guy who won the pot o gold at the stampede.

Back in the good ole days
Old 09-13-2008, 05:46 AM

untamed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason McK View Post
Crazy, Looks like there is quite the line up for the buffet

the fish are looking Great there growth is insane. The Atlantic Blue is such an amazing colour. Now they will mature to the blue colour right?

J
Yes, the Atlantic Blue seemed quite interested in the new eggs. Of course, the clowns don't let him anywhere near them. He just has to wait until they hatch...

That Atlantic Blue was blue when I got him, then changed to yellow after some time. That is backwards to what is supposed to happen. I think he reverted to his juvenile colouration when his environment changed. I've read that they sometimes turn a dull grey-blue when they mature.

April 29, 2008

June 2, 2008

...and when he's in a different mood, he shows vertical stripes...
400 gal reef. Established April, 2007. 3 Sequence Dart, RM12-4 skimmer, 2 x OM4Ways, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown (pair), Blonde Naso Tang, Vlamingi Tang, Foxface Rabbit, Unicorn Tang, 2 Pakistani Butterflies and a few coral gobies

My Tank: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28436
Old 09-13-2008, 05:48 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Wow, that's wild. Who'd have thunk they can revert? He's actually really pretty with the yellow, easily as nice as the adult colouration.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:50 AM

Could be diet. If so, I'll keep feeding him what I'm feeding him!
400 gal reef. Established April, 2007. 3 Sequence Dart, RM12-4 skimmer, 2 x OM4Ways, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown (pair), Blonde Naso Tang, Vlamingi Tang, Foxface Rabbit, Unicorn Tang, 2 Pakistani Butterflies and a few coral gobies

Old 09-13-2008, 06:11 AM

Jason McK is on a distinguished road

You have now 2 of my all time fav fish. I hate you LOL

Acanthurus japonicus Powder brown being number 1
and not your Atlantic Blue

Amazing

J
Old 09-13-2008, 06:39 AM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Geez, I wouldn't even know that Atlantic Blue is the same fish if you wouldn't have said anything about the color changes... and the vertical stripe thing is cool.

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 09-26-2008, 05:43 AM

I've been having a long term fight keeping alkalinity up. I've been working on maximizing the output of my reactor for the past several months and I finally concluded that I can't get much more out of my existing reactor, so I have decided to purchase more capacity.

Hello...GEO 818. Size matters. The plan is to move to the 818, then add my existing PM "618" eventually when the 818 hits maximum.