Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 12-09-2006, 01:45 AM

Dyspnea is on a distinguished road
Default 20g Long

Well in a previous post i mentioned how I was dismantling my 75g tank in favour of a new system on a smaller scale. Well here are some photos of the new tank.

The main Tank is a 20g Long, Which i self drilled with my dremel. The 2 returns are 3/4inch and the overflow is 1.5inch. There is about 28lbs of tonga liverock

The tank is lit by a Giesemann 250watt Metal Halide HQI Pendant, with a 14000k megacrome bulb which i love the color!

The sump is a 20g High, which holds my euro-reef skimmer (not sure which model) I plan too have to run 12hrs on and 12 off once it is dialed in. The return pump is a T4 ( I've had it for a few years and love it, runs absoultly quiet) I plan to have a calcuim reactor in the near future as well. The stand I made and finished myself, the cabinet door is getting its final touches at this point.

More pictures will follow as i transfer the livestock over to the tank

Last edited by Dyspnea; 12-09-2006 at 01:49 AM.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:49 AM

woodcarver is on a distinguished road

Looks great so far,like the arrangement of live rock. Photo's and description are helpful .
Thanks .........................Dave
Old 01-03-2007, 10:50 PM

Well my tank is about 3months old at this point. Over the past month i've transfered the livestock i had in my 75g over too the 20g, With the exception of the fish.

As the lightings was phased in a had a small algea outbreak which appears to be nearing an end. I also made a DYI moonlight. I also hope to install some actinic lighting in the near future.

One of my next goals over the coming months is too find some frags of my favorite corals i lost

As you can see i'm a clam fan and the downside is room is really lacking, so I will need to find a home for 2 of larger clams in the near future.

Photos of the some of the corals i have, There is conciderable growth and color changes already.

I'm in the prossess of dailing in the calcium reactor. I've also got a new RO system which i hope will help with mywater quaility.

Picture of the moonlighting not much but you get the idea
Old 01-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

If you can, I would remove some of the LR to free up some growing space for your clams. They look nice but really, really crowded.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
If you can, I would remove some of the LR to free up some growing space for your clams. They look nice but really, really crowded.

Removing any liverock is not an option, selling at least 2 of the larger clams will free up a consdierable amount of space.