Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Controller and Monitoring Specific

Old 06-15-2014, 07:07 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation
Default Apex General Questions

So besides my headache from trying to figure this thing out, I have a question.

Was watching video on top off. I like how he programmed it in relation to the skimmer, etc. I was going to use my Tunze but assume it cant work the same?
Old 06-15-2014, 07:25 PM
Rest In Peace

And how the h#$% do you know which outlet is which. My reefkeeper is simple. One to eight. This thing has more numbers than exist..
Old 06-15-2014, 07:34 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

Without knowing how the ATO was done in the video that you watched I cannot know if its the same as a Tunze or not. Perhaps post a link to the video.

Here is my ATO program. Switch 4 and 1 are float sensors in the sump and Switch 3 is a water on the floor sensor. The ATO pump comes on when the sump switches are in the down position and runs for at least 30 seconds at a time. Its nothing special and there are other ways of doing it. The comprehensive users manual available on Neptune's site outlines a different method.

Set ON
Min Time 000:30 Then ON
If Sw4 OPEN Then OFF
If Sw1 OPEN Then OFF
If Sw3 CLOSED Then OFF

Outlets are numbered from left to right, top row and then lower row like this:

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 06-15-2014, 07:54 PM
Rest In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcaneyedo View Post
Without knowing how the ATO was done in the video that you watched I cannot know if its the same as a Tunze or not. Perhaps post a link to the video.

Here is my ATO program. Switch 4 and 1 are float sensors in the sump and Switch 3 is a water on the floor sensor. The ATO pump comes on when the sump switches are in the down position and runs for at least 30 seconds at a time. Its nothing special and there are other ways of doing it. The comprehensive users manual available on Neptune's site outlines a different method.

Set ON
If Sw4 OPEN Then OFF
If Sw1 OPEN Then OFF
If Sw3 CLOSED Then OFF

The video showed similar to you. I would guess the Osmolator has a separate controller you cannot program the float switches and sensor separate.

I understand the 1234
5678 as thats the same as my reefkeeper . I cant find it listed that way on computer though. Think I read and watched a hundred things by now.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:31 PM
Rest In Peace

Ohhhhh. I have my return pump going........
Old 06-15-2014, 09:44 PM
Rest In Peace

Quote:

Set ON
If Sw4 OPEN Then OFF
If Sw1 OPEN Then OFF
If Sw3 CLOSED Then OFF

So I need the break out box and two float switches, if I dont use my Tunze?
Yours is set to only allow top off at certain times? The video just showed besides other things, how he programmed his skimmer to shut down if the high switch was activated and back on after the level was back to normal. Pretty neat.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:34 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Yup, BOB and 2 switches and you're set.

It's a shame Apex doesn't have a "Platinum" edition kit with EVERYTHING... seems like you're gonna be being all the accessories anyways.

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 06-16-2014, 03:38 AM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

Technically you only need one switch with the breakout box or you could directly wire one in... instructions for how to do that are in the manual. I use two just in case one of them fails for some reason. Mine will run the ATO pump at any time. Whenever it does come on it runs for at least 30 seconds because I didn't want the pump to constantly switch on and off ever second in response to surface agitation in the sump.

Just keep reading and working away at it. I know the system is confusing as hell at first. Did you buy your unit new or was it used? I was just thinking that if it was used you should consider reseting everything back to the factory defaults so that you have a clean slate to work with.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 06-16-2014, 03:49 AM
Rest In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
Yup, BOB and 2 switches and you're set.

It's a shame Apex doesn't have a "Platinum" edition kit with EVERYTHING... seems like you're gonna be being all the accessories anyways.
By the time Im done it will be platinum. CRAP, I cant even use my iphone without my granddaughters help.

Quote:
Technically you only need one switch with the breakout box or you could directly wire one in... instructions for how to do that are in the manual. I use two just in case one of them fails for some reason. Mine will run the ATO pump at any time. Whenever it does come on it runs for at least 30 seconds because I didn't want the pump to constantly switch on and off ever second in response to surface agitation in the sump.
I was going to use two so I have a high level shutdown switch to. Or I may still just use my Osmolator.

Quote:
Just keep reading and working away at it. I know the system is confusing as hell at first. Did you buy your unit new or was it used? I was just thinking that if it was used you should consider reseting everything back to the factory defaults so that you have a clean slate to work with.
I read lots today and watched many videos. Its brand spanking new.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:48 AM
Rest In Peace

Bet Im the only one who is programming and going backwards...