Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Polls

View Poll Results: Blenny, Goby, or Both?
Blenny 13 13.27%
Goby 21 21.43%
Both 64 65.31%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2010, 05:56 PM

NuraNori is on a distinguished road

As much as I love my bicolour blenny b/c they just have a super cute little face and it's like they're always smiling....he decided SPS would be a good snack...so I'm waiting for my new tank to cycle so he can have a new home....

Nora
Old 07-05-2010, 10:28 PM

blkhwk is on a distinguished road

I vote for blennys,have a hard time keeping gobys in my tank.Ive had 2 orange spotted gobys jump outta the tank....Maybe its the snowflake eel???
Old 07-05-2010, 11:34 PM

ALang is on a distinguished road

I, too, had a bi-color blenny. He likes to hide inside my large maxima clam's intake opening, No kidding!!! Took me a few days to get him out. He was nipping at my clam's mantle, too. But I love both species! Just wished that I can keep both the Mandarins and the Psychedelic together. I also had a really red Scooter blenny in my other tank, love him! Then I had two fire fish (gobies), Sand shifting Dragon boby, and a Lawnmower blenny. They are all great. Just wish I can keep more of then together and no worry about aggression and food supply.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:33 AM

lehua768 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your input! I've just got into my first reef tank, and I've been really torn between the Blennies and Goby's or if they're both great fish to have. I'm super excited for everything to come and really enjoy hearing what other people have to say. So thank you both for your comments! (even if it didn't help the poll, it sure helped me!)I am always torn by this too.. I had a lawn mower Blenny, and that fish was a good fish. I now have a Orange spot sand goby.. so far, so good.. but the clever lil bugger is building his cave facing the back of the glass.. so as when he doesnt want to be seen, he isnt. I seriously thought he jumped.. and searched everywhere.. little bugger gave me a heart attack.. when I was ready to give up searching around my tank.. after throughly searching through my tank.. he was sitting there staring at me.. so if you want a sand goby.. be prepared to watch him when he wants to be watched.. and make sure your rock is very secure.. as they will dig.. dig and dig.. I, too, had a bi-color blenny. He likes to hide inside my large maxima clam's intake opening, No kidding!!! Took me a few days to get him out. He was nipping at my clam's mantle, too. But I love both species! Just wished that I can keep both the Mandarins and the Psychedelic together. I also had a really red Scooter blenny in my other tank, love him! Then I had two fire fish (gobies), Sand shifting Dragon boby, and a Lawnmower blenny. They are all great. Just wish I can keep more of then together and no worry about aggression and food supply.

Tags
blenny, goby