Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 06-18-2013, 02:06 PM

donkey77 is on a distinguished road
Default anybody using the jebao wp 40 or 25's

been hearing pretty good things about them, give vortec and tunze a good run, i know what your saying you pay for what you get, but there getting great reviews, anywhos just wondering
Old 06-18-2013, 02:22 PM

Slick Fork is on a distinguished road

Haven't tried them, and no plans to do so. The original designs that they ripped off work very well. The Chinese can't make baby food that doesn't leak toxins so there's no way I would trust something of theirs in my tanks if there's an alternative.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:58 PM

The Codfather is on a distinguished road

They work great. I have 2 of the 40's on my tank, but have them ramped right down. I'm actually going to do 4 of the 25's instead when they arrive.
Anybody who thinks that everything out of china doesn't work as well or is going to malfunction in some way, has got to open their eyes. The majority of components, even in the big brand names comes from where?? I'll give you one guess.....if they tell you any different, well....
Old 06-18-2013, 03:11 PM
Second Best

spit.fire is on a distinguished road

I've heard rumors of them exploding....
Old 06-18-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit.fire View Post
I've heard rumors of them exploding....
Post a link....
Old 06-18-2013, 03:28 PM
Vendor

Reef Supplies is on a distinguished road

Bob, is right about the components..most come from China. BUT, that is not the problem. The problem with "made in china" is quality control. Bob, you and I both know first hand about quality control and made in china.

I have a friend who is the VP of a billion $ company and all of their products are made in China. They have 5 quality control firms whom they work with. These firms have multiple employees and every step of the manufacturing line making 100% sure the end product is up to standards. Their QC cost more than the manufacturing! That is how they get quality products our of China.

This is not to say the Jebo's are not good pumps, I'm sure they are for they money. We don't know long they will last but at $100....they can't be to bad.

As a business owner I would not go near those pumps until this whole Tunze ordeal is over. I respect the Tunze brand to much to monetize from an obvious copy.

Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Codfather View Post
They work great. I have 2 of the 40's on my tank, but have them ramped right down. I'm actually going to do 4 of the 25's instead when they arrive.
Anybody who thinks that everything out of china doesn't work as well or is going to malfunction in some way, has got to open their eyes. The majority of components, even in the big brand names comes from where?? I'll give you one guess.....if they tell you any different, well....

http://www.reefsupplies.ca
Old 06-18-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef Supplies View Post
Bob, is right about the components..most come from China. BUT, that is not the problem. The problem with "made in china" is quality control. Bob, you and I both know first hand about quality control and made in china.

This is not to say the Jebo's are not good pumps, I'm sure they are for they money. We don't know long they will last but at $100....they can't be to bad.

As a business owner I would not go near those pumps until this whole Tunze ordeal is over. I respect the Tunze brand to much to monetize from an obvious copy.

Ray
True, very true. All I was saying is that like it or not, the vast majority of components come from off shore companies. To say that anything made in said country is junk is just not true. The fact is that it was assembled in another country with those very components. As long as QC is in place, I cannot see why a product wouldnt be as good.
As for tunze, I agree, top quality. Customer service that is no doubt the top of the list. The same could be said about you Ray, Ive always had nothing but good service from you....
Old 06-18-2013, 03:51 PM
Vendor

Reef Supplies is on a distinguished road

Quote:
True, very true. All I was saying is that like it or not, the vast majority of components come from off shore companies. To say that anything made in said country is junk is just not true. The fact is that it was assembled in another country with those very components. As long as QC is in place, I cannot see why a product wouldnt be as good.
Yupp, we need to get used to that fact!

I was renovating one of my apartments last week and we are all amazed that the flooring i bought was "made in germany". 4 guys standing around a box oooh and awing lol. We have become so accustomed with made in china that it becomes a treat when it's not. heh!

Quote:
As for tunze, I agree, top quality. Customer service that is no doubt the top of the list. The same could be said about you Ray, Ive always had nothing but good service from you....
Thanks for the kind words!

Ray

http://www.reefsupplies.ca
Old 06-18-2013, 03:56 PM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

When I was a kid, still remember people saying the same thing about Japan, how their stuff was junk. Well, that sure changed with time...

Then more recently about Korea. Certainly don't hear that anymore either, if anything their quality is probably tops right now.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:59 PM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey77 View Post
been hearing pretty good things about them, give vortec and tunze a good run, i know what your saying you pay for what you get, but there getting great reviews, anywhos just wondering
That line has long extinct from this hobby just like watt per gallon theory. It should be more like "you pay what you what". A KZ zeovit reactor is $300+ while a vertex zeovit reactor is $100+. Does that make vertex reactor bad? NO. You get a bubble king skimmer for $1000+ and a bubble magus skimmer for $100+. Does that make BM a bad skimmer? NO. You get a radion for $800+ and a evergrow LED for $200+. Does that make evergrow LED bad? NO (in fact I have heard people having more trouble with radions than evergrow). A vertex RODI costs $200 and a aquasafe costs $100. Does that make aquasafe bad? NO! It is not always the "price" that can judge a product. People just need to get over the fact that everyone in this hobby should buy expensive stuffs or never start it.

Coming back to your main part of the post. I use WP40 and am happy about it. The only thing that would have made it "perfect" is the speed control. And not every Chinese product leach. If that was true, the whole world would be in a pool filled with "leached" stuffs.

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob