Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 04-17-2012, 09:22 PM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol
bauder1986 is on a distinguished road

Meanwhile at the races!

First and second place snails are near the finish line! They just have to get up the water fall and then they get their prize!

Old 04-17-2012, 09:44 PM

Nano is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauder1986 View Post
Hey you have that cube of yours right? The one that Martin is supplying the light for and greg is building?
yup thats the one
Old 04-17-2012, 09:53 PM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano View Post
yup thats the one
Nice. Yeah i was at Martins place last night looking at lighting options and he showed me your Kit list. If the AI Sol Super Blue doesnt have the coverage then I will be following in your foot steps with the kit...maybe over kill it abit though lol
Old 04-17-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Nice. Yeah i was at Martins place last night looking at lighting options and he showed me your Kit list. If the AI Sol Super Blue doesnt have the coverage then I will be following in your foot steps with the kit...maybe over kill it abit though lol
I am getting great coverage, and my light is only at 35% power, I am
keepings softies, lps, and sps now so the light is definitely working
as for the kit I would personally try a different controller, one that would allow you to eventually control other things as well, but if its just the AI sol, then go with the sols controller other wise you'd just be burning money (IMO)..
Greg has mad a nice change to the mounting brackets to now allowing them to swivel, mine was the original prototype, and that wasnt considered at the time it was made, so its definitely a nice bonus to have the swivel for more control over light distribution.
if your tank is a 24" cube, this light would be perfect as thats the SOLs coverage, (24") another nice thing is the height adjustment, I havent used it a lot, except to play around in the tank, but its nice to have a hanging fixture with out putting holes in the ceiling
Old 04-17-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano View Post
I am getting great coverage, and my light is only at 35% power, I am
keepings softies, lps, and sps now so the light is definitely working
as for the kit I would personally try a different controller, one that would allow you to eventually control other things as well, but if its just the AI sol, then go with the sols controller other wise you'd just be burning money (IMO)..
Greg has mad a nice change to the mounting brackets to now allowing them to swivel, mine was the original prototype, and that wasnt considered at the time it was made, so its definitely a nice bonus to have the swivel for more control over light distribution.
if your tank is a 24" cube, this light would be perfect as thats the SOLs coverage, (24") another nice thing is the height adjustment, I havent used it a lot, except to play around in the tank, but its nice to have a hanging fixture with out putting holes in the ceiling
Yeah i hear yeah there on the controllers. But if your SOL does the trick in your tank then should be hopeful in mine then.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Yeah i hear yeah there on the controllers. But if your SOL does the trick in your tank then should be hopeful in mine then.
I think you'll be fine personally, if anything, ask martin if he can get you one with wider angle lenses on the leds? that might help if your concerned about spread
Old 04-23-2012, 12:00 AM

Alright folks, first one week update.

Tank is doing awesome! Diatoms are starting to do their thing and show up and feed my two crab army. I got a blue/pink spot shrimp goby and a coral beauty today from another hobbiest that is not on canreef.

This other hobbiest is Michela and she has an ad on Kijiji for her whole set up to be sold because her and the boyfriend are moving outta town. Check it out- http://reddeer.kijiji.ca/c-pets-othe...AdIdZ362939042 Complete setup with one clown, two lawnmower blennies, one pajama cardinal and a couple of dwarf crabs. Lots of LR covered in coraline algea and red mushrooms and only saw one aptasia in the whole tank. If you want to hit her up for something on the tank or a part of the tank mention that Josh sent you, the guy that bought the coral beauty and goby.

Anyways, back on track here. Tank is awesome. Me like tank. Here is pictures.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:04 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Lookin' good. That big shelf is a nice addition
Old 04-23-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
Lookin' good. That big shelf is a nice addition
Yeah and i hope to find much more like it to! I can give all the credit of that rock to Terry(themarineapprentice aka free **** guy aka UIG(useless information guy)) He pretty much gave it to me
Old 04-23-2012, 01:15 AM

So Martin with Modular LED came over today with an AI SOL Super Blue for me to test out on my tank. I am very impressed with this fixture for color and for the mezmerizing shimmer effect. But.....One just cannot compete with a 250W MH fixture. So the decision has been made to work with Martin on building the perfect DIY LED fixture for my tank that competes with the MH fixture and gives me the control I want and at a low power consumption.

Stay tuned folks for once the final draft has been made I will let you all know