Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1

Old 11-09-2008, 07:14 PM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Either an ATO or more water flow and surface agitation, which I'm sure you already thought of.

The trap is at the store, but speaking of Colby, it's his B-Day today we should drag him out.
I've thought of more flow but I don't think that little tank can handle it. And if I did put more flow in all the corals would grow in one direction haahaa!

I've been thinking of some kind of splash guard so I could run air in the tank to keep it oxygenated but to keep the bubble "pop" splashing down. That would also break any surface film I had. It could just turn my tank into a protein skimmer haahaa. Mind if I swing by your shop and grab a small piece of acrylic to try a splash guard?

Maybe it would be as simple as a small lid that could cover the back section?

Darn it, Colby said you had it haahaa.

He mentioned his B'Day was coming up. He said he may have been doing something with Kim. Can you find out and I'm in for going out tonight.

Give me a shout on my cell when you figure something out!

Cheers,

Scott
Old 11-09-2008, 07:49 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

You can swing by but it's a mess again, all these little glass tanks and broken glass

I think introducing any air bubbles in a small tank would be a mistake but no harm in trying.

I just dropped of the trap the other night so Colby didn't know, but it's there. He said he'd call me if he goes out so I'll let you know.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:43 AM

Ok I fixed the surface aggitation issue with a small Fluval 1 plus submersible pump positioned near the surface of the water.

Used Hagen Fluval 1 Plus submersible filter $23.95 x 0.75 = $17.96

I have a problem though. I got called out to work today (a 6 hour drive) and I will be away for ~3-4 weeks. It totally sliped my mind to take a picture of the tank as I was packing up & getting ready to go. Either I will need someone to go by my place and take a picture of the tank or I can get an exemption on photos until I get home.

Can I get a ruling from the judges please?

Thanks,

Scott
Old 11-13-2008, 10:22 AM

Pretty sure this little guy will make this tank his home. And we will find it a couple of playmates, they act totally different when they are in groups!

Old 11-13-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythanith View Post
I have a problem though. I got called out to work today (a 6 hour drive) and I will be away for ~3-4 weeks. It totally sliped my mind to take a picture of the tank as I was packing up & getting ready to go. Either I will need someone to go by my place and take a picture of the tank or I can get an exemption on photos until I get home.
I can take it, it will give me a chance for some good old fashioned sabotage

Old 11-14-2008, 02:19 AM

Thanks Steve, Wendy will be home tonight and tomorrow I think if you could swing by and just take a quick shot.

Just no chlorine pucks lol! Sabatoge me with beauty SPS corals or something equally as frustrating haahaa.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:12 AM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
I can take it,

Thanks.

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 11-14-2008, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythanith View Post
Just no chlorine pucks lol! Sabatoge me with beauty SPS corals or something equally as frustrating haahaa.
Oh I'll think of something, maybe I'll put a regal tang in there before I take the picture and see if anyone says something
Old 11-14-2008, 03:38 AM

Haahaa no one will notice... maybe that will count as a freebie! I don't think the emperor angel Colby has would be able to turn around in the 10g haahaa.

Thank you once again Steve. I have a chalice or two you can choose dibs on first frag when they grow up!
Old 11-14-2008, 04:13 AM

pastout is on a distinguished road

i miss my harlequin shrimp, i had my gf take care of them till i gota tank set up for them but she liked them so much they are no longer mine haha. awesome shrimp cool with the pair to see them hunt together if you can call it that and you can tell the female wears the pants haha